DreamingButterfly

Hi, I'm Abby! I'm a 14 year old homeschooled Christian. I want to use my talents to honor God and share His love.
(Profile picture by me)

I know I haven't posted in forever but I'm going to try to be more active. My goal is to write something on her twice a week. Let's see how that goes... Anyway, any advice you can give me is welcome and all feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

Framed Childhood

PROMPT: Memory Object

4
     She looks around her room for some piece of nostalgia. Some inspiration. Her eyes fall on the sea green frame on her dresser. It's hidden behind a can of silly string and a jar of paint brushes since the entire room is in chaos at the moment, but the corner glitters and catches her eye. Until earlier this week, she didn't known the picture existed, but it still seems to capture her entire childhood. She gets up and makes her way to the dresser.
     She carefully lifts the frame, feeling it's comfortable weight in her hand. The cool glass presses against her skin. She examines the smiling faces behind the smooth emerald glass. The girl on the right who can't be older than eight years old is beaming and snuggling close to the woman in the middle. The woman is laughing with her arms around the girls on either side of her. She radiates love and energy with her young smile.
     Looking at the girl on the right, she recognizes herself at the age of five or six squinting in the light and looking awkward but perfectly happy. She looks at the background of flowers and remembers finding the photo just a few days earlier. 
     They were cleaning the garage. Actually, her parents were cleaning the garage while she and her older sister looked at old photos and her four younger siblings ran around like maniacs. She found this frame and marveled at how far the family had come, but they were still the same. Two giggling little girls and their mommy. Now there were just a few more monsters in the mix. She dusted the glass and ran it back to her room.
     A tribute to their bond.