michael.z

My Goal For 2021

2020 was a terrible day that trapped us in our houses for many days, weeks, and even months. While this was such a terrible thing, it opened up many opportunities for athletes to train in the longtime off. This is what led to deciding my goal for 2021. My goal for 2021 is to train for hockey at least 5 days a week, and you may ask why not 7 that will make you ten times better. My answer to that is that first of all I wouldn't live up to it and it is a proven fact that the body often needs a break to recharge and heal. You may ask me why I would like to do this and the answer is simply I would just like to increase my skill and endurance for hockey. As I grow older it becomes harder to be on that top power play line late in a tight game, so if I work hard and out work everybody else, I will be able to maintain my spot. If you are on that top line colleges and other teams recognize that you are putting in that extra work on and off the ice and that is what they really look for in a player. Also as times go on you will realize that players start to really exceed and others start to really fall off. This is because of how much work they are putting in in the gym and on the ice. For some people it is hard to have access to a gym or other trainers, but I am blessed with one of the best hockey conditioning gyms and coaches. People may ask what is the difference between my coach and yours, they both just stand on the bench and design plays. To answer their question, my coach is a 15-year NHL veteran who now works for the Flyers as Player Development coach. This comes with many benefits such as knowing what is going to make us keep going to the next level, what plays are going to work, and having connections with other coaches. He is a really good role model that displays hard-work and passion towards the game. He is also a great leader by reminding us to have good sportsmanship to coaches and teammates. So as I work towards making it big I will have the assistance of that definitely help me. In conclusion, training 5 day a week is a task that I can live up to that will make me stand out compared to my opponents. If I miss a day I will make sure to make up and have that "Mamba Mentality" to become the greatest I can be. So to end on a positive note I am going to leave off with a quote from the man himself, Kobe Bryant. “There’s a choice that we have to make as people, as individuals. If you want to be great at something, there’s a choice you have to make. We all can be masters at our craft, but you have to make a choice. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that. Family time, hanging out with friends, being a great friend, being a great son, nephew, whatever the case may be. There are sacrifices that come along with making that decision.”