almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm a slytherin, infp-t, christian, and generally insane. joined 3.30.2018.

~ will do reviews on request ~

currently hoping i don't lose anyone else.

sorry i've been writing such sad stuff lately, i'm workin' through some things apparently.

status update: i'm fine

12
i don’t know what to feel
since, i saw my dad cry,
or maybe that was just the remnants of fear 
drawing wrinkles in his face. 
i don’t remember ever seeing that look
or the tremor in his voice, so
did i miss it before?
strong,
is he, 
to drive his mother to the   e m e r g e n c y 
                                                                        room,
for the second time 
in two weeks.
he wrapped his arms around me at midnight and
for once, 
i felt him vulnerable and it
scared me.              because for the first time
my father was capable of true sorrow.
i didn’t fall asleep for an hour
last night. 
if this week is the time
i cry at school for the first time,
then i won’t be surprised
as i wait to see how much of my grammy will be left behind.
my grammy had another stroke last night so i had to get my feelings out in some way. i'm sorry for anyone else who's been struggling with health, whether your own or your family's or anyone else around you, it's hard. i'm doing alright, i've got friends and family around to help and such so we're going to figure it out. much love to all of you<3

• journal.scribbles

I'm so sorry your family is going through this. And wow, this piece is so vulnerable and powerful and amazing. All us WtWers are here for you and your writing, no matter how you're feeling. <3

I'm so sorry for this. You will be in my prayers. This can be so hard, I'm sorry. Sending lots of love<3

• AstroWriter

You will be in my prayers Flora. Don't worry, everything will be fine and happens for a good reason. Even if what happened was very terrible.

• anemoia by a thread

Human emotion. Its power is so intense. Much love and hugs to you. We’ve got your back.
    Re: Aw thank you so much for the offer! Absolutely no pressure tho. Only if you get around to it. How would you send it to me tho?

all of my love, dear. i am so so sorry your family is going through this and i'm praying for her recovery - and for all of your family. i... sort of know what you mean about seeing your dad cry. my dad doesn't show his sadness, almost ever, and it's humbling when i see him cry on the rare occasions. he becomes human, in my eyes, i guess. idk, maybe that's not what you were feeling, but that's what i got from this poem.
    all of my prayers <3 <3

Praying <3 <3 <3

• psithurism

I'm so sorry flora. I'm praying for you and your family. <3

• resident philocalist

aww :( lovely piece. im praying for you and your grammy :) if you need to talk im here, my grammi has a lot of health issues too. <3

• serein

sending lots of love and hugs honey. writing it out is the best way.

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

<3 sending you love. i know how hard this can be.