sci-Fi

call me Fi :)
Black and LGBTQ+ Lives Matter
Feminist
~pink~purple~blue~
she/they
Aries INFP-A Fangirl ;D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 210!!! <3

Community Ambassador Alumni :D

PLEASE give book recs in comments!
Currently reading: Circe

irl bsfs with that one rat from ratatoullie
go say hi to my library buddies mirkat BirdOfPrey SunV and lochnessie!

Fantasy Facts about Fi: Gryffindor Hunter of Artemis Downworld-Warlock Daughter of Apollo Daurudite Nightwing District 7

Percabeth Solangelo Fierrochase Jily Malec Snowbaz Sukka Patrocilles Wolfstar Firstprince Shirbert Spierfield Kanej

ok I'll stop talking about myself now ;-;

A Captain Goes Down with Her Ship

PROMPT: Memory Object

20
There’s a metal button on my nightstand, seemingly thrown there and forgotten. It depicts a piece of art, a woman standing in front of a background of trees. Forgive me, I don’t remember the artist’s name. In the picture, the woman is holding a mini house, and the only color comes from a blazing orange flame that’s crawling over the roof. The rest is all bleak grays: the sky, the woman, the mass of black smoke concealing her face as she bends over the little burning home clutched in her arms.
    I have a few of these pins, all by the same artist, all with different pictures. They came in a bag from an art festival in Austin, the same place I got my arrow ring, and the last time I saw my aunt in person. I have a few of these pins, all by the same artist, all with a different picture. But this one always intrigued me. Few can see into an artist’s messy, intelligent mind, but I think I… not understand, but appreciate this one. It’s a stereotype. The house is burning. The housewife is choking.
    I used to put these on my backpack, but they never seemed to like being tethered. I don’t think they would stick if I put them back on, so now they just tumble around my house and pop up whenever I don’t need them. I wish I could pin them somewhere. 
    I wish I remembered the artist’s name.

• January 25, 2021 - 11:07am (Now Viewing)

• Delia Rune

Are you from Austin? Me too! I hope you're staying safe in this crazy weather! also, I love this piece-- great job!!

• AliMuscles04

Re: XD thanks! I thought I was following you too... Welp, now i am!

• Zirong

re: thank you so much! Time flies so fast, and I can't really believe it's been one year!

I published a poetry collection last October. It's written in my mother tongue -- Chinese. Though I translated it into English in November, the translated version is not yet published online. I'm so sorry since it may disappoint you! However, I've published several translated poems on this site, one of which is "A Sonnet for Insomnia". You can check them out if you're interested! :)

• BirdofPrey

re: yup.... she just doesnt get that im not going to change my gender again, and that i dont know when im going to identify as whatever gender/non binary. shes supportive though so thats good

• that one rat from ratatouille

ANSWER MY TEXTS.

• BirdofPrey

re: ill let you know if i see him! hes confused me a bit too, but when i told my mom that my new pronouns are she/her but not to tell anyone yet, she said if im not out of the closet about it yet then i should just wait until im one gender consistantly. LIKE THAT WILL HAPPEN AND AS IF I HAVE ANY SAY IN THE MATTER! ik she didnt mean it in a homophobic way but i dont want to bring it up shell get so upset and say im being "disrespectful"

• BirdofPrey

re: thanks for following! i always look at the apparently piece when i think life in the U.S. is bad

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: THANK GOD I APPLIED AND JEEEZ THAT WAS CRAZY LMAO

Re: Thank you!

• beth r.

re: YES someone who gets it! (the emotional connection to hair) i mean just go for it if you wanna :)

Re: Thanks! Lol ye you're right :) Have a good rest of your day/night <3

• cloudi

re: ha, yeah!

• Zirong

wow I really love the vibe of this piece

• Shivona

Ahh, this is so lovely to read! Short sweet and impactful! Ur awesome keep it up :)
    PS. THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENT :)

wow this is beautiful. something about that last line makes it so mysterious yet wraps the piece up in such a perfect way.
    "pop up whenever I don’t need them"
    ^^also that is so true for anything random. and then they disappear when you actually DO need them.

• Hope_Snaffle[ChildOfGod]

Great description, makes me wonder what inspired the artist.
    Also thank you for welcoming me to WtW! :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Lmao with the comment someone in your class said :) yes VP Harris is a role model for sure! People in my cohort at school (and me) set timers on our phones for nine o'clock Manhattan time when she was sworn in and we were supposed to be taking a survey about Cultural awareness but at nine o'clock 12 timers went off and everyone dropped their heaviest book I thought that was really cool I guess :P

Beautiful!

This is a really cool description of such a unique object. I like the story behind it and how this pin is different from the others to you.