WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)
Child of God
heyyyyoooo wish i had funny/interesting message boards and bio but it doesn't seem to be my natural inclination
so here's some lyrics for you instead. if you know what any of these are from, lmk in the comments, because you are amazing. i seriously doubt anyone can name all the songs and their artists without looking it up, since these lyrics span about 40 years and like 6 genres, but go ahead, surprise me. ;) (these are all songs i listen to)
1. "he's got my past frozen behind glass, but i've got me"
2. "the rumors, are terrible and cruel / but, honey, most of them are true"
3. "show me where my armor ends / show me where my skin begins"
4. "sometimes it feels like it's all real / but nothing here is as it seems / i ask myself, what does it feed / my soul or my anxiety?"
5. "then the night got deathly quiet / and his face lost all expression / said, 'if you're gonna play the game, boy, you better learn to play it right'"
6. "i wanna look him in the eyes / and see someone i recognize / i'm on my knees, and all i ask / is, Lord, pour water in his wine glass"
7. "watch your broken dreams dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon"
8. "fault lines tremble underneath my glass house / but i put it out of my mind / long enough to call it courage"
9. "a tourist in this town / a broken heart for a souvenir / once was found but now i'm lost / don't even know the name of that street i crossed"
10. "it's so romantic in Paris / won't even try to compare it / thought i was sure that i'd find it / but i already have love in LA"
11. "and for one brief instant they pretend they're safe and warm / then the beat gets louder and the mood is gone / the darkness scatters as the lights flash on / they hold one another just a little too long / then they move apart, and then move on "
12. "i won't forget / the wonder of how you brought deliverance / the exodus of my heart / 'cause you found me / you freed me / held back the waters for my release / oh, Yahweh
13. "making your way in the world today takes everything you got / taking a break from all your worries / sure would help a lot"
how many of those did you recognize? hope that was fun! look, i limited myself on the taylor swift, okay? i spared you from 13 (hehe) lines of gorgeous lyricism.
Written By: anemoia (#words)
February 26, 2021