AstroWriter

+ On hiatus +
I write for myself and share pieces for you to enjoy as well!
ENFJ
Hardworking • Funny • Nice • Sarcastic • Curious
She/Her
Am a writer to advocate and entertain
<3
*ASTRONOMER IN WORKS*

Hi guys! I am working on a new series called "Magnum". If you want to get notified when I post a new chapter, just say "Me!" in the comment section. I will be posting the first chapter on Wednesday. Thanks and enjoy the series! :)

Magnum Trailer!

12
    "Mom? Dad? Are we safe here?" Tom says in a very concerned baby voice. "We are fine, Tommy. We're just playing a small game here, ok?" Dad says while gently brushing Tom's hair with his fingers.
    "Whoever is the last to leave the basement gets a treat from me for Rita's!" Mom says with a weak smile. We all have a nervous laugh, thinking the same thing. Will we be even alive by then? Nicole gets out her phone and scrolls through her Instagram.
    "Magnum is gonna hit us in five minutes!" she says while looking up from her phone. I grab her phone and see. The most trending hashtag is Magnum, with almost everyone using it. "We should probably turn on the news," Mom says with a sigh. She gets out of her leopard print blanket and walks toward the pool table. She grabs the remote and turns on our T.V.
    "Guys, we have just received news report from NASA as Magnum is going to hit us in 2 minutes," The lady with blonde curls says with mismatched face and voice. Her panicked voice matches the situation perfectly while her face has a small smile on it like everything in the world is going to be ok. India is already submerged in water and a humongous asteroid is going to hit us in less than a minute. Nothing at all is ok right now.
    "Now, time for the countdown!" The very old aged man says on the T.V. like it's the New Year countdown.
    "Fiv-," before the two ridiculous people finish the countdown, the T.V. shuts off. I glance at my mom, thinking she turned it off, but see the remote son the pool table. I look around and see all of us huddled up in the warmth of our blankets. I pray to god and then suddenly get hit by the radiation.

2

Re: No prob! Aww thanks :D Ok, I totally get that! I was trying to keep the whole mood story telling thing at the ending, but I can totally see how that's just a bit meh :P Thanks! I always appreciate feedback :D

• BizzleWrites

Re: Thankyou!! It was really fun to write and I really liked your prompt, too.

• AstroWriter

Karmaiscoming also wants to get notified.

• nopenopenope

Submitted a review!

Submitted a review :D

Me, please!! This is so interesting! I also want to know more about the Magnum. This is just so heartbreaking!

• Minvra

I love the beginning. It already sent goosebumps on my arms. I often find stories and family the most heart warming and something I am very susceptible to crying.
    "Mom? Dad? Are we safe here?" And I imagine it's me in its place. It brings uncertainty all by itself. I could imagine a baby voice, because rarely (then again I never asked if you asked your parents something like this) someone an adult or teen would ask. Even if they're grown up it shows the severity. It already sets the mood. I love how subtle introducing Magnum being an asteroid is. And the old man with morbid humor.

• useless :)

me!

• Shay

ME

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Yes it's very annoying too anyways I see the 18 notifications in my notification box are from you liking everything thanks for that! :)

• Dragonfly

Re: Thank you for your comment and thank you for making the prompt, it was a pleasure using it!
    Thank you also for the note, I know it is a trailer, but I was not sure, whether I wanted to read more or not. No I am however: yes, I would like a notification when a new chapter comes our (Me!) :)

• tanvinagar

This was a wonderful piece of work. Thanks a lot for sharing!!

• shiwrites

re: sure! i'd love to be able to read more of this

This is awesome! Me :D

Haha our personalities are similar! Mine's ENFP :) (urgh I hate how lopsided the smile is)

• shiwrites

oooh i love this concept and idea so much omg this is great
    re: thank you for coming up with the prompt i never knew how much i wanted to write a folktale until now!

• Ren(hiatus)

I read this before I really just forgot to comment XD anyways a pretty nice story! I kinda really like it, reminds me of a book when I was younger
    Re: Thank you for creating the prompt ;). Without your help, I would've never come up with this poem.

• K-Rewie

Me!

• Dragonfly

This is so thrilling!! Really well written!