Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

February is going to be a busy month for me. I'll continue to write and publish but please bear with me if I don't reply to comments; I'm probably buried under a gazillion assignments or sitting in a corner having a meltdown (._.) But I'll be back soon!
Love, S. <3

Sitting with the stars

PROMPT: Self-Love

70
I love,

1. My dimple on my right cheek. A gift from my mother's father; he left earth before I arrived but made sure I always have a reason to smile.

2. My handwriting. When I want neat, nearly printed, but when I chase my thoughts, nothing short of a frenzied heartbeat. 

3. My words. They grant me freedom in so many ways under the sun, but over the moon and sitting with the stars. 

4. My love for knowledge, learning and unlearning. Confounding grammar and unsolvable sums. Anything that piques my mind.

5. My dreams. They taunt my fingertips every morning, every moment, from somewhere above the clouds. Almost untouchable. Almost. 

• February 1, 2021 - 10:20am (Now Viewing)

• SamRose

This is beautiful! Good job! I especially love the first one.

• BriRiley

This is so cute! Love it! XD

• BirdofPrey

re: thank you so much!!!

• GraceWritesTheWorld

Oh gosh! So amazing! <33

Wow this is really something else...All the emotions and descriptions... amazing job!!

• Love, Rose

this is stunning - wow

• barelybear

Re: thanks - it means so much that you liked it :)
    Also agahshhsj I’m a little nervous but mostly excited, so thanks for the support. And you’re wtw sisters with Zirong!
    Btw I keep coming back to this because it is gorgeous. I am in love with you and your beautiful expressions, so you should definitely be in self-love :D

• remi'sgotinkstains

*my other friends*
    not *other friends*

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: oh thank you so! i love having friends that are writers and really understand deep writer troubles and triumphs like none of other friends do. thank you!

• useless :)

re: thank you so much!! and that is absolutely not a problem, it means a lot that you'd even take the time out and write a review in the first place so i really appreciate it!! :)

• Zirong

re: awwww are you still online? *heart eyes*
    Words could not express my happiness when I saw your comments awwwwwwwwww! Thank you SOOOOO much for your sweet words omg they not only make my day -- they make my whole year <3 <3 <3 I can't agree more with your thought on "telling things as they are, in the most honest way possible". That's so true!!! Also, I just realised we are ever more similar(yay we're twins, after all *wink*) as we get to know more about each other haha -- I also have a file on my laptop to write down my favourite lines from other writers(I do love notebooks as well!) And "a shrine of inspirations" is such a beautiful description!!! I'm going to copy paste this into my file right now :3 <3
    Thank you so much for your support awww, being a CA is a dream come true for me, coz I just love this site SOOOOOO much!!! I really really hope I'm not late and you are still around *expectant smile* Hope you are doing well!!! <3

• psithurism

re: Aww thanks! I actually chose to title the piece "Yellow Rpse Petals" because yellow roses are symbol of friendship. I'm glad you liked it!

• Mespotz

This is so beautiful! I especially like how you worded your first statement; you have such a beautiful way of saying what you did.

Can you review one of mine?

• wallflower

This is beautiful :)

• Rachaelgrace

soooo beautiful!

• River Rae

So I'm relatively new, what is Wednesday words?

• JonesyL123

Congratulations on Wednesday words, this is beautiful and so emotional.

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

this is wonderful!

• Dragonfly

Congratulations! This is such a beautiful piece and its simplicity puts weight on every word. I love the way you read too! it's quite perfect :)

• happygiggles

Congratulations on Wednesday Words, you definitely deserve it, this is outstanding! I am in awe of this piece!!

• Zirong

WOW CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Words can't express my happiness! I'm SOOOOO proud of my twin sis!!! *star eyes* And guess what? I just received a gazillion hugs you sent to me, and awww I know a gazillion more are on their way~ There are a gazillion hugs from me to you as well!

Your lovely comments make my day, too! I know how insane high school life can be, but how much I wish I can read more beautiful pieces from you... I hope you are doing pretty well!!! Wish you a fulfilling year!!! <3 <3 <3

• ArtisticCatbird2020

This is AMAZING!!! So simple, yet so beautiful. I was pulled in right from item #1, not only because what you wrote intrigued me, but because of the *way* you wrote it too. Nicely done!

(Irrelevant, but I love your username as well!! I'm a fan of all things celestial and your name brings so many breathtaking images to mind.)

• astrea

this is is absolutely beautiful!

Each number is so simple but as I read on I loved it! This is so beautiful!

Ohmigod, this is amazing! I love everything about this, and my handwriting is horrible, whenever I write XD

Congratulations on Wednesday Words!

My goodness. This is lovely, and I’m not just saying that because you got Wednesday Words (although much congratulations on that!) but this is just so... there’s so much emotion and aching. I can FEEL how you long for those dreams, your love of learning, the power of words, the importance of that dimple, the intensity of handwriting. Congratulations!

• rwong

congrats!! this was really beautiful

• BirdofPrey

wow, this is beautiful!!! i definitely relate to the handwriting part, mine isn't that great all the time lol. great job and congratulations on Wednesday Words!

Gorgeous! Congrats on Wednesday Words :D

• kathryn siena

I know everyone else is saying this, but congrats on Wednesday words! This is beautiful.

• remi'sgotinkstains

congratulations on Wednesday Words, Starlitskies! You're writing is wonderful . . . I'm so happy your my scribble chum ;) hehe

• Jasmine khawar

Wow you TOTALLY deserve it!!! This is wonderful and gorgeous!!

• Ag.A

Congrats on Wednesday words. It is an amazing piece!...actually amazing doesn't define it. This is my favorite Wednesday words by far

• sci-Fi

Congrats on wednesday words!!! this is absolutely s t u n n i n g!!!

• useless :)

yes yes yes!!! congrats on wednesday words, this is gorgeous and such a beautifully written piece. i said it once, i'll say it again ;), i absolutely love this!!!

• Sophiascb

Congrats on Wednesday Words, this is beautiful! I love the dimple metaphor- "I always have a reason to smile"

aw this is gorgeous <3 so well written and portrays such emotion. This is a beautiful pick for wednesday words. i wish i could like it a thousand times XD

• bookmagic

Oh wow! This is amazing!

• Rose A(hiatus)

I love this. It's so gorgeous and lovely. Congrats on Wednesday Words, you deserve it!

• RowanJ

Re: thanks for that comments earlier, I’m glad you like it and thanks for the tips for replying :) I really like your writing I just checked out some and I love how they often have hope and a love in them but there is an underlying tone of humility and sometimes sadness. Very honest and layers of emotion. Very beautiful writing style :)

• remi'sgotinkstains

wow, love this so!!! you sound like such an amazing, mind-blowing person . . . of course, I already knew that tho ;)

• Zirong

This is so beautiful, every single word is so beautiful. I may also try the prompt soon :)

Re: !!! I’m so happy to see your reply!!! I’ll add u to my bio right after this!!! Love u so much my twin sis <3 *star eyes* For the INTJ-INFJ thing, I was kinda addicted to the test some time ago(just wanna know more about myself for some unknown reason haha) but it kept giving me two different results and made me confused. I didn’t expect that u have the same problem haha! Maybe it’s just the twin issue *wink* I also think it depends on my mood. Some time ago I put both in my WtW bio, now I decide to put only INTJ - which describes me better than INFJ(the same for us again!)

Your sweet comments always warm my heart and give me strength :3 thank u so so so much, and I’ll try my best to be a good CA! Also, I hope you don’t feel too stressed in the busy February. Whenever you are buried under tons of assignments or sit in a corner not feeling great, I’ll give you a remote hug and hopefully it can cheer you up! Ooo I wanna give u a big hug now *hug hug* Can’t wait to read more from you!!!

I'm not able to like things rn for some reason but I love this

• useless :)

i love this!! the way you write about what you love about yourself is really beautiful.
    "My dreams. They taunt my fingertips every morning, every moment, from somewhere above the clouds. Almost untouchable. Almost. " I absolutely love how you added the italic "almost" at the end. it adds so much to that part :)