Doireann

Ireland

She/They
Artist and poet
INTJ
Aroace

Don’t worry if my poetry seems dark. By putting my dark thoughts into words I actually feel free of them so the darker the poem the more positive I probably feel after writing it.

Calendar Cards

5
I made a calendar card for every month
Every month until I leave
Til I leave to find myself 
And to get away
To leave this toxic environment 
And to make my home
On my own
To make my fresh start 
Free of judgment 
And free of fear
Full of love
And full of laughter
True laughter
With no hidden pain
I've got 21 calendar cards
Each one gone
Another step closer, to my happy home

• January 23, 2021 - 11:09am (Now Viewing)

• Doireann

Re: thanks that and poetry are basically the only ways I know how to process my emotions

• shiwrites

this was an interesting piece, i love the idea. i wish you the best for the future!!

• U S E R N A M E S (W R IT I NG HIA T US)

RE: You're an amazing artist!

• Blue Jay

Re: Very true, you look at all of your friends and their relationship problems, and not having to deal with that is great, even when it's a bit alienating sometimes. I also didn't notice your profile picture before, but it's amazing! Definitely better than anything that I would ever paint. Sometimes understanding love is indeed a big question mark with confusion.

• Starlitskies

Oh, I know how you feel. Too well actually. Sometimes my sole goal is to get far away as possible, but then I think I'm actually running away from my problems rather than addressing them. But then again, some problems aren't worth solving. Gah! So confusing!
    On a lighter note, I love the concept of your poem; the title is so apt, and the gentle rhyme at the very end is truly lovely. :)