ANSON REYNOLDS

heyyy
life is lovely and so are you.
-
15
super awesome
oldest sister
showing off bad dance moves in (the best state ever) Indiana
-
you are beautiful
you are enough
-
6.3.20

the brain is as wide as the sky - Emily Dickinson

never admire quietly - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

looks don't really count for much / you can pull it off with confidence / its just me and my confidence - Andy Mineo

"As a rule, he found everything around him interesting" - Timothée de Fombelle

I love to see the red bubble on my notifications box. SO much. Talk to me ;)

Romeo

9

"O RomeoRomeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?"

Juliet, girlfriend, I just got to warn ya,
he's messed up, because with him, Juliet,
to him, Juliet, 
anything less than love is death.

Think about it- in the beginning of the play, Romeo is totally in love with Rosaline, and because she has "Diana's wit" (aka she's realized that all the guys she knows are too short and concerned with the way their hair looks to be dateable{which is relatable} so she blows Romeo off and stays chaste) he is totally depressed. Like, locks himself in his room, doesn't see sun, cries like a madman who ate a hot pepper depressed. Then he goes to a party (at which he resolves to have no fun) and the FIRST BEAUTIFUL GIRL HE SEES HE FALLS IN LOVE WITH. Why? Because Romeo is so crazy that he thinks he needs love to live, and without Rosaline, he was (emotionally speaking) dead. Juliet is who he uses to bring himself "back to life". Let's skip forward to the end of the play- Juliet (being the clever girl that she is) has figured out a way to get away from her crazy parents and their shuffleboard grudges against Romeo's parents. When Romeo sees her 'dead' he kills himself. Why? Because without her love, he thinks his life is meaningless. Anything less than love, to him, is death.

• beth r.

yes i adore this- the wording is so good!
    re: aw thanks! welp it's good you have a good teacher lol

• (sk)eyesofocher

this is such a good point though.....NEW FACT ALERTTT YISSS
    but the way you wrote it is so amazing... seriously!

This is...kinda morbidly funny. I enjoy Romeo and Juliet as much as any literature enthusiast, but your entire point really boils Romeo down to what he is...kinda stupid.

Dang you are totally right. I've always wondered what it must've been like to be Rosaline.

Re: Haha thanks bud.

• Cosmogyral

Quicksilver from XMen, just thought he was so cool in the comics i read as a kid

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow..... what a new perspective! Amazing job with analyzing this! Wow!
    Re: awww, thank you so much!!! :D I’m so glad you liked it!! :)

• Cosmogyral

honestly I'm more the type to watch marvel movies and make fun of everything a male does wrong but I WILL DO IT FOR YOU GIRL and with that, i click follow :)

• Cosmogyral

get the icecreaaaaaammm! ITS TIME TO BINGE ROM COMS AND THINK OVER WHY WE DONT NEED BOYS

• Cosmogyral

re: lmao, i'd have a breakup part all ready for the finale

• doodleninja

I love the casual tone you use in here with "Juliet, girlfriend, I just got to warn ya" XD also, very perceptual insights!; these two truly are exaggerated versions of teenage love

• Cosmogyral

bro, he basically just wanted to own juliet because she was beautiful. think of it like teen rebellion for juliet, oh, pretty boy that likes me! better marry him. you have to wonder that if they lived together, would they have been happy with eachother? after all, they only loved one anothers faces. love that last line, btw