Yellow Sweater

(Formerly Zinniav)

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

She/ Her | Bi | Disabled | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

A new version of an old poem. I am working on a chapbook so if anyone would like to comment some of their favorite pieces of mine I would be much obliged. The chapbook is going to feature both my creative non-fiction and my poetry:)

Tender Fish Eyes

11
illuminated through fish-eyes, dead and tender,
my contours glow in the late afternoon light.    

As self-possessed as a cut flower in small vase, 
I stretch my stiff poetry, straightening my bent-arrow spine. 

fingers tracing the plywood surface of my desk, of my thoughts, 
I find a delicate harmony between the scales and the soul.

• May 2, 2021 - 12:32am (Now Viewing)

• useless :)

wow, this is stunning. i love how the imagery was so unique and eloquent, and yet the lines fit so well together...they have so much meaning and nothing feels out of place. i also love the ending! :)

• TheSpacePoet

Hello! Thank you so much for commenting on my poem. Congratulations on receiving the best peer review award!!! You deserve it :) by the way, this piece is amazing; you're so talented!

• finger tracings/cinnamon dust

i love this so much. your words feel so perfect in their places and your rhythm is so complimentary.
    i've been working on publication, and I'm thinking about going the route of a chapbook, too! i don't know much about that process (or publishing anything, for that matter), do you have any tips?

• remi'sgotinkstains

oooooh love this as always. "my bent-arrow spine" especially strikes me and the bit about finding "a delicate harmony between the scales and the soul." your words are so finely crafted and delicate, and yet they hold a world of meaning and emotion and messiness. I love reading your work.

I loooooove the imagery in here! I actually closed my eyes and just felt the scene which was very enchanting, "As self-possessed as a cut flower in small vase, " was my favourite line because just truly, wow!
    Ooof I have so many of your pieces to get caught up on but I've been so busy lately! Just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATS on best peer review!!!!! You definitely deserved it! You are just so thoughtful, kind, and insightful, and I'm so glad you reviewed mine. Hope you're doing really well and maybe we can discuss another Cole essay sometime (it was so much fun the last time haha) :) Also ooh a chapbook sounds awesome! Hmm, I really love all your pieces but I guess a favourite of mine would be "Two dimensional, Ten dimensional" it was just so thought-provoking!