Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

Thank you so much for 50 followers! I'm stunned that fifty people think my writing is worth following! I love you guys so so much! <3

The poetry in π

Nourishment

1. Sunlight, curtains glowing amber in the morning. Turning dust motes into burning snowflakes and engulfing me in a soft summery glow. Sometimes, I feel it can reach inside me and chase away the dark. 

2. Poetry. The pieces of poetry I find in my breakfast cereal, in the curve of parabolas and the cracks in the sidewalk. Always pieces, never a poem whole. I write to find those missing pieces.

3. My bullet journal, black hardcover and blank. My mission control; holding on to my to-do's while I go in search of missing poems and laze in poppy fields with my imagination.  

4. Night skies, dark velvet fabric pinned up with stars. Myths and constellations and consolation when things go wrong, to look up and feel the insignificance of things.

5. Mathematics. The science in math and the math in science. Theories and equations. Logic and explanation. The ecstasy in finding answers, the bliss of perfect divisions, no remainders. The poetry in π, of things infinite, irrational but lying in perfect circles. Unlike in life, I find answers.

• January 29, 2021 - 8:28am (Now Viewing)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: ok, starlitskies, em wilder and useless both said scribble chums so scribble chums it is!!!!

• Harzi

Love it! I find the way you write about science and math sooo charming and elegant! This feels like a whole day - and so much more - packed wonderfully in one piece, transitioning from sunlight to night skies and math. Love your last line <3 (and oh, I can totally relate with the bliss of dividing and ending up with no remainders XD)

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: yes, call me Remi! it's not my actual name, but i've always loved it, and it's pretty darn close to my actual name . . . it's a bit like a second name to me! okay, so i can't decide between scribble chums or inkoholics. i will ask useless (she's going to change her username--probably--to bella florence) which is her favorite . . . and maybe she and em wilder can decide for us! hehe i do hope so!

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: aww thanks! and yes, those two lines were especially my favorite too. i really like the word "shoelaces" for some reason, and I really wanted to weave it in somewhere.

Re: Omigosh! Thank you so much for your amazing comments!! ^u^ You're so sweet. The Scholastics Art and Writing competition is a huge competition for youth in the US. People compete on a regional level for gold and silver keys, and gold keys are judged on a national level.

• remi'sgotinkstains

so, useless says she likes all three . . . me too . . . so you choose which one of the three you like best and we'll go with that!!! (i don't really know if em wilder is really doing this)

• Zirong

oh yea congrats on 50 followers! (it's nearly 60 now~) You definitely deserve much more! <3

• Zirong

"Unlike in life, I find answers." ooo this is profound. The whole piece is AMAZING! AS ALWAYS!

re: all of your comments really mean a lot to me <3 I also want to write you into my profile :3 Do you mind? And which one do you prefer: twin? sister? or maybe we can have an INTJ gang haha(I found another INTJ here some days ago XD)

Also, I totally agree that though "more than one year" sounds like a long time, it's good to prepare for important stuff like big exams early, coz time flies sooo fast! My college application season is coming soon haha(at the end of this year) so I try to write more now since life will definitely be hectic soon XD

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: thank you so much!!! i was a little worried that i was being annoying constantly commenting about it . . . glad that's not the case! i'll ask useless :) and em wilder if they like scribble chums, quill palls, or inkoholics better! love both your ideas!!!

• remi'sgotinkstains

*chums*

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: how do you like scribble chumbs?

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: ok, pen friends or bookworms? those are my two

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: oh, alright . . . any ideas??? and i asked useless :) too, so do you mind if we add her in whatever we come up with? if not, i can make something different with her . . .

• remi'sgotinkstains

re: thank you so much for explaining the library buddies thing!!! now i understand . . . so you basically just ask people in the comments if they want to be library buddies or whatever? alright, well . . . would you like to be my library buddy? hehe ;)

• tanvinagar

I love this so much. The part about maths just touched my heart. Do consider reading my work too, I would love to hear from someone as talented as you! Thank you

• Dragonfly

This is just wonderful!! Just the way those words are combined.. I can't describe it, but I could read it again and again. Also the mathematics part is so relatable, especially when one manages to finally solve a problem it is sooo satisfying!

• Yellow Sweater

Beautiful! It's so true that math is like poetry because it is in and of itself an explanation.

• remi'sgotinkstains

you bullet journal? i love bullet journaling . . . this is my first year doing it but i'm already in love with it.
    "laze in poppy fields with my imagination"
    a literal dream i have is when i can finally drive i'm going to go strand myself out in the middle of nowhere and just think for a while ;) great poem, but then again i love everything you write ;)

Oh and congrats on 50 followers!! I can't wait for your account to blow up even bigger.

Woah... this is absolutely enrapturing. Idk what else to say. I'm really impressed.

• amaryllis

Re: Ahh, thank you so much! I say that all the time to other writers, so it feels kind of weird to get it said to me haha

Also, this piece is amazing! I have to admit my favorite section is probably "Mathematics", and the sounds in "myths and constellations and consolation" just sounds so good! Just a tidge of CC for poetry "section", it might be cool to replace the second time you say "pieces" in "missing pieces" to "x" to maybe extend the math motif? Idk, just a thought :)

• wavewriter

I'm in shock after reading this because this piece is just... Wow. I love everything about it. Your metaphors a perfect and you really described everything so well. Fantastic work :)

• AstroWriter

I love how you mad a poem out of pie!

• AstroWriter

YOU HAVE A BULLET JOURNAL?! TWINZIES!!!!!!!