Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

:)

The 21st day, of the 21st year, of the 21st century.

19
Time is an illusion, Einstein says.

Seconds pass quicker than it takes to blink. Those seconds turn to minutes, to hours, to days, to years, to centuries. 
Moments become memories. Those memories are soon forgotten.
Experiences new to you now will soon become yesterday's news. 

carpe diem of the seventeenth century.
be happy of the nineteenth century.
y.o.l.o of the twenty first century.

Generations of poets discern the same meaning. They implore us with all hope we will make a change.
Don't waste your time on this Earth.
Don't throw away your life.
Time is fleeting, your life should be meaningful. 

old time is still a-flying, Herrick notes.
where can we live but in days, Larkin inquirers. 
all of time is unredeemable, Elliot states.

Walk through your day looking for the good in life. 
Recognize the sweet songs of the birds, the cool kisses of the winds. 
Give rise to the change the old generations sought. 
Prompt the promise the poets long for.
The promise of new motives, new understandings.
The change for good, for meaning.

a generation goes, and a generation comes...the sun rises and the sun goes down, Solomon writes. 

Time on Earth will pass away. 
There will be unanswered questions, lessons yet to be learned.
Understand that answers cannot be found if you do not go looking for them. 
Know that lessons cannot be learned when the experiences that make them have not yet been faced.
It takes a life to learn the true meaning.
For meaning, there must be purpose, intention.

You don't need a rhyme or limerick to give reason to life.
You only need a new day. 
The sun sets. Time moves on. 

the end of a sure beginning, Angelou finishes. 

I used inspiration from many poets of generations past.
(in order of appearance)

Albert Einstein
Odes, Quintus Horatioys Flaccus
Carpe Diem, Robert Frost
YOLO, Ben Zimmer
Gather ye Rosebuds, Robert Herrick
Days, Philip Larkin
Burnt Norton, T.S. Elliot
Ecclesiastes, King Solomon (970-931 BCE)
Passing Time, Maya Angelou

• January 22, 2021 - 1:17am (Now Viewing)

I love how you incorporated different poets into this! It really added a lot to this piece and the meaning in it.

re: ok so the link you gave me to explain how you're doing came up with a 404 and said it doesn't exist...

oh my gosh, this was so beautifully put together. such a powerful message, one we need to hear more often, and it just shows how there is nothing new under the sun. ;)
    re: thank you! navigating a new relationship is a little crazy rn, but it's just so nice to be around him. i have school 2 days a week, so i also see him then, but then we're always around people. how are you doing (either in terms of relationships or just in general)?
    re re: really?! it felt obvious to me, especially with the capitalization of "Him" and "He" XD it's kind of funny that your teacher didn't get it, but i bet she thought it was really neat once you explained it.

• Estera Ulrich-Oltean

I love this trip down the memory lane of literature; you are a great guide and string these ideas together beautifully in a way which doesn't just feel like an essay or a rehash - good job and keep writing!!

• V-Rose

This here is the link to the 24th chapter of Death's Tales!

• almost flora kane

re: it's always so interesting what our brains come up with for our dreams. glad you got out of the stressful situation though lol (and don't they all end weird??)

• In Which Yaya Writes

Hi! I'm so sorry I haven't talked to you or replied to your comments in a while. I'm still trying to balance writing/commenting/replying/being on two writing sites and, turns out, that's a lot more difficult than I expected! Anywhoo, I wrote part 4 of The Newbie & the Maze! Hope you like it! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/205100/version/445555

• ANSON REYNOLDS

flabbergasted. that was awesome. also, I LOVE passing time by maya angelou- it's one of my favorites of hers
    (we're going to ignore the terrible grammar and construction and capitalization here)

• journal.scribbles

I just realized that the second half of my comment could be read as sarcasm, but it was genuine! I really do love your bio, and I was just being sarcastic about describing my room since there are so many pilot pens and beat-up notebooks in my room. Just to clarify. Although I probably just overthought that lol

• journal.scribbles

Wow, this is incredible. Definitely bookmarking to reread in the future. Wow.
    (also i love your bio - "pilot pens and beat-up notebooks" are you describing my room??? XD)

Hii!! I wrote more of my harry potter little thing! It's from Luna! I hope you like it! :D

• almost flora kane

re: thanks for the recommendations!! i love conan gray and i'm so glad you like saint motel. make sure to try fur elise by them then:)

Ooh I really like this! Your use of the quotes was awesome, and I love the way you compared history to modernity.

• almost flora kane

re: that's so cool! i like to say i'm that way because i'm not super picky, but all of my favorites run along the veins of alternative/rebel person to pop w/electronic vibes to chillhop when studying or relaxing. i really like matt maeson, as you can see in that poem, and i would suggest dancing in the dark or bank on the funeral especially by him (there's a link in the footnotes of the poem) for a sad-ish love song:) or we'll be fine by luz (also a link in the footnotes haha). what are some of your favorites?

• sci-Fi

woah i totally didn't realize how special yesterday was. It's the 22nd here
    This is amazing!!! Love the quotes

• Rose A(hiatus)

This is positively wonderful! I love how everything ties together.

re: huh. I hadn't thought of that. But I might rewrite it using that idea. Thank you for the kind words!

• almost flora kane

all the quotes give so much to this, and the way you sewed them together is amazing!! i love the topic of time, surely this is a piece to remember. re: thank you so much! what kind of music do you usually listen to?

• Starlitskies

This is a masterpiece!!!!!!! I absolutely love everything about it! Especially the ending! And it was so creative of you to quote out so many poet's in their view of time. Truly brilliant! <3

This is beautiful!!!

It's already 22nd Jan here, but the title is so apt.!