Dmoral

♕ | she/her | est. 2018
summer hiatus coming soon.

"perhaps one day / we will meet again / as characters in / a different story, / maybe we'll share / a lifetime then." ~pavana

best wishes & my heart are always sent your way.
i love you.

cry me a river & i'll build a stream

10

tell me a truth, your truth, a whole truth.
but not every truth, one's all i ask for now.
~ find me when the moment's right

how do i respond to a woman who's convinced this whole town her soul hopped out the grave and slammed into her body when she got into the accident back in may? her last lover stole confessions from church mailboxes and spray painted realities across the school lawn daily; he went to jail last summer and they broke up over the winter; she dumped him & he blames her to be his ruining.

but she passes me the note folded between her stained fingers and before i could ask where the blue speck came from she's already slapping the back of a girl whose name i'll never remember. i watched her violet streaked brunette hair fall from the cap she shoved it in and the bracelets clink together, constantly announcing her presence.

i opened the note in the back of spanish class and i'll never forgive her for that.

~ find me when the moment's right

i don't date poets, it's a tricky business. they'll build your bones and claim you a creation, then write about leaving you before they've truly processed it. i don't date poets, i have far too many secrets they'll end up prying.

but here i am watching her next to him and trying so hard not to think of her lips and if they'll really taste like lemons when i kiss them.

i find her outside sprawled out on the football field, two hours after school let out, the wind slapping our skin, preparing us for the cold weather coming in.

"i throw snowflakes daily and dream as though they sing to me," she tells me. and even though it's so abstract i'm blindly believing.

"you're a special kind of something, you know that?"

she moves her head so our eyes can lock and there's a green sparkle sneaking through the brown in slits, i hardly ever held her gaze before this.

"loving you won't be gold, it's a silver lining," her words are whispers i can hear far too perfectly.

"you hardly know me yet." the paper's folded and heats the palm of my hand it's hiding in.

"i hope that's not your truth-"

i gave in to kissing her already.
idek what this is leave me alone about it

it started as poetry and now i can't even

ah this is beautiful.
    "loving you won't be gold, it's a silver lining," this is gorgeous and wow how did you think of that

brilliant - "i don't date poets, it's a tricky business. they'll build your bones and claim you a creation, then write about leaving you before they've truly processed it. i don't date poets, i have far too many secrets they'll end up prying."

...wow.

• crystalline•galaxies

this reminds me of "writer in the dark" by lorde. almost. fantastic work.

• Zirong

“i don't date poets, it's a tricky business. they'll build your bones and claim you a creation, then write about leaving you before they've truly processed it. i don't date poets, i have far too many secrets they'll end up prying.” Wow.

The whole piece is just EXQUISITE!!! *clap*

Omigosh Dmoral you've done it again. This is freaking gorgeous.