Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, (unofficially) rat in a hat, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters
(Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy)

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"you can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy"
~ Nightbirde

"my thoughts cry in verse"
~ traitor.o.us (poem) by Anne Blackwood

"i streak the atmosphere with ink."
~ graffiti-streaked poetry (poem) by Paisley Blue

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

dreamlove

18

i keep dreaming of belonging
fragments of stories
trailing through midnight
c h a o s

one hand extended
the other
clasped in yours

you are an unknown fairytale
with a face that i have never met
waking up is losing
my    m e m o r y

you're setting fire to my sanity
filling me with longing for permanence    ( ? )

for these dreams are fleeting
specters mocking me
i'm plagued by    l a u g h t e r
that i can't afford to lose
Over the past year or so, but especially recently, I've been having dreams of falling in love. When I wake up, I either remember nearly every incredibly vivid detail, or I remember almost nothing at all. Lately, it's been the latter. The only thing I'm left with is one or two still-frames captured from the dream accompanied by a strong sense of both peace and longing. It used to feature random guys I know, but that's changed to me being unable to recognize/remember a specific face. I get the feeling it's the same person, but I can't know for sure. The other day, I forgot almost all of a dream except for the fact that it felt extremely familiar, like it had happened before. It's a bit unsettling.
There was another dream I had recently that was very emotional (but not scary) involving fire and death. I might write about it later, but for now, if you want to know, just comment.
I wrote this after discovering a new favorite musical artist, Cam. Her song Burning House is what inspired this piece, and it gave me chills. I would definitely recommend it. (TW: fire, loss [not gruesome])

wow. i don't know what to say... this is so beautiful yet harrowing and haunting at the same time. i especially love this: "i'm plagued by l a u g h t e r that i can't afford to lose" that just resonated with me for some reason. and your bit about the dreams in the footnotes is really interesting. i actually never remember my dreams... i wish i did. i don't know that's weird but also thrilling at thesame time. your subconscious has things to tell you! we haven''t interacted in a long time, anne, so this is a hello! hope you are staying safe and all! <3<3<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

WOW!! This is incredible!! I get why that could be unsettling, but it does sound kinda peaceful! Wow! This is soo great!
    I’d love to hear more about that one Dream.....

• doodleninja

I absolutely love the third stanza and how this whole piece conveyed that chilling sense of deja vu almost; familiar, yet unknown. :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Beautiful! Love it sm! Can totally relate! :)

re: huh, no i haven't read/seen that! i'll look into it!! :) and nah your comments are totally fine! :))

re:
    1. yeah, i was pretty freaked out about it, but i kinda just... waited to see if they'd go away? and tried not to think about them? but then I found out.
    2. woah, that's a really really cool dream!! i've only ever died in a dream once, but it was actually kinda similar... like the events were completely different but the sorrow/joy part and the feeling it left you with sounds pretty much exactly the same. idk, i could tell you about it if you want, if you'd rather not tho that's totally fine too lol :) i really liked reading about your dream - so cool!

re: idk, either! :) i just enjoy talking about dreams and imagining and speculating about them lol

• U S E R N A M E S (W R IT I NG HIA T US)

Chilling and romantic.

goodness this is stunning... wow. beautifully written <3 and i get what you mean about the dreams - i've had the same sort of thing with only remembering a few moments or like a "snapshot" of it, or just the overall feeling or something. i'd love to hear about your other dream - talking about dreams is really cool, i think. :)

• nopenopenope

re: Thank you, I like it, too.
    This is a weird question, but was there a WTW Zoom that I missed or something - this might have been a little while, tho, lol

• Just_A_Memory

Ooooooooooo, you and me both, girl, you and me both xD This is phenomenally written!

• Starlitskies

Wow! Love the poem!
    "i keep dreaming of belonging " <3
    "waking up is losing
    my m e m o r y "
    These two lines are so so beautiful! As for the footnotes, I can kinda relate too! ;) Also, I love how stirring the footnotes are. Like, yessss, "peace and longing"; I also remember what I felt during my dreams more than the dream itself.
    And the first line of the poem, I love your word choice. 'Belonging' has such powerful connotations. It's just wonderful isn't it, to belong to someone, wholly and trustingly. *gets carried away in a daydream...*

• psithurism

re: Exactly! XD

• psithurism

Ahh man I dream a lot about falling in love too. Sometimes it's guys I know and it always leaves me feeling super awkward because I don't feel that way for them irl.

Shoot those footnotes are so long XD