Tushar Mandhan

'illegitimi non carborundum'

I'm letting life hit me until it gets tired, the I'm gonna hit back. It's a classic rope-a-dope.
-La La Land

these train windows

7

these train windows; have been eyes for myriad wanderers, have witnessed their journeys.
such a thing they are; if you sit on one side, you feel the world is moving but
if you stand on the other side, your world is steady but someone else's is drifting.
they sweat in rains, they sing in winds, they listen and whispers to vales.
when you see sleepers slipping away from tracks, these windows see their end.
these train windows; are shoulders to the crestfallen, papers when clouds come down.

i was working on it for a competition but i missed the deadline as the internet in the state was halted. anyways this isn't complete yet.

• February 3, 2021 - 10:11am (Now Viewing)

re to "All the Ways": haha that's a nice idea, recording them. i actually don't have definite melodies for a lot of these. but once i do, i save a voice memo. but then i've got to get some chords down, and that's hard... cause i know very little about music.
    i still think it's cool that anyone does anything musical, so it would be pretty cool to hear your songs/poems with chords. so your grandfather did plays? like, skits/musical type performances? is that what you meant?
    and it's never too late to get into music! i still haven't learned proper strumming on the ukulele, honestly. someday.

re: ok there are so many things to reply to and my brain is scattered, so... thank you. seeing your notifications and comments was a highlight of my day. and no worries, i get it. i'm not great at replying either.
    let's see... re to "What's His Name: i wasn't even thinking of it as fitting with any of Taylor's albums, but thank you! i actually think that it would go more with her older work, maybe her debut album. "What's His Name" needs distinctive twang, acoustic guitar, steel guitar, and a steady beat. Maybe some fiddle. XD (i do love fiddle/violin, whatever you wanna call it.) it's intended to be more of a "get over him, let's have some fun" kinda of upbeat song.
    anyway, i really appreciate you checking out so many of my pieces!

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

As promised I have started the story of my life. Chapter one is out.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Even though this is not complete it is so good. Tush your talent is incredible. SOOOOO GOOOOOOD.

You are such an amazing writer. I can't even explain it. this has so much emotion in it but still perfectly flows but also keeps the reader's eyes glued to the screen! I love this! Sending lots of love<3

Re: <3

this is lovely.

This is gorgeous. I'm really sorry you missed the deadline; hopefully you can enter it into another competition. I hope you're okay. Samina told me a little... I'm praying for you.