Zinniav

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

She/ Her | Bi | Disabled | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

I have absolutely no idea what this is about or where it came from. I suppose I was just trying to capture that peculiar feeling of winter light.

Winter Light

12
My winter light is as sharp as a young lover’s fingernails. We are born from a terrible brightness, fresh and shaking, sun-swallowed and full of pastel breath.

Dear one, courageous face of God, tell me your little secrets, polish your fingernails until they shine.

• remi'sgotinkstains

you are an amazing writer . . . when i think of the best writers on here, you are definitely on top!

• one hundred forty-seven

Hey Zinnia123,
    Thank you so much for your review! It was very helpful. I'm looking forwards to adding the changes soon.

stunning, and you captured the sharp coldness and yet beauty of winter light wonderfully :) your work is brilliant as always!!

• amaryllis

also, woah.... short but so much to unpack here. "sun-swallowed and full of pastel breath". the imagery, the sensory details, and now i want to go find a baby and look at their fingernails

• amaryllis

Re: ahh thank you so much Zinnia! Your comment got unpublished because I couldn't stop myself from editing, but I've screenshotted it... which is somewhat weird but it made me so dang happy. Big compliment from the queen of prose poems, my gosh.

(also, oddly enough, i don't mind profanity typed out as much? the f word is kinda a thing in songwriting now too for whatever reason, so its safe to say i am slowly becoming desensitized)

• Cosmogyral

We wish we were born of terrible brightness, but sometimes it is desperation, want, warnings not heed and it sticks to us, it hurts us.
    Re: If you think you should post it, do it. I'm curious now. I love your works thus far :)