I LC

A Review of: Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck

This book is absolutely wondrous, the choice of words is absolutely exquisite, and you better hold on as you are in for a spectacular adventure! What makes this book very good indeed is it is quite relatable if I say so myself, Greg is quite the humourist and left me chortling for hours on end! For Greg his days feel monotonous but his day to day life is absolutely riveting in my eyes! The way Greg interconnects with his readers is stunning, I had gotten so intrigued whenever I would perch for a little peruse I would feel as if I am in Greg's moccasins. The use of the illustrations make the book a cut above, and each composition is very associated with the subject matter.

Many readers feel they can connect thoughrouly with Greg's life and share the same obstacles in life as him, as the publication is constructed with little narratives. These narratives cover day to day problems that many of the youth may face. I particularly liked the witiscm that is tucked in throughout the book but to a amount that is nor to plentiful nor overworked! The author (Jeff Kinney) very intelligently makes Greg seem as an ordinary human, not as such as in some other books I have read that make there protagonist seem inhumane and thus leads to readers not able to connect as adequate as they could be!

So what is this book about I hear you ask? This utter sensation is part of a collection of narratives named under DIARY of a Wimpy Kid, and the title is entitled as HARD LUCK. The blurb of this book reads : “Greg Hefley’s on a losing streak. H is best friend, Rowley Jefferson, has ditched him, and finding new friends in middle school is proving to be a tough task. To change his fortunes, Greg decides to take a leap of faith and turn his decisions over to chance. Will a roll of the dice turn things round, or is Greg’s life destined to be just another hard-luck story?”

What really makes the narration so witty is the illustrations which just looking over now is making me chuckle!
Greg starts narrating an ordinary day in his life, which instantly hooks the reader as Jeff Kinney very cleverly doesn't bore the reader by adding a introduction which could be lengthy repetitive and can make readers loose interest.

In the illustrations the use of the speech bubbles allow the illustrations to be directly implied to the piece of literature Jeff Kinney wants. What I find very intelligent of Jeff Kinney is that he adds words of onomatope which really stand out on the page and makes the reader interact even more, for the reader this is as if he is not only seeing what is happening but also hearing. I personally think this is quite a clever feature Jeff Kinney has added and really makes u connect with Greg Hefley and feel as if you are with him even more in his day to day life.

I would like to point out how well Jeff Kinney is able to end of the storie, not with a stereo typical ending but with a ednding so..... ill let you read for youre self! “The next summer, Dad decided he was gonna fix the boat. But when he went to pull it our from under the deck he discovered a family of racoons living in our old washing machine.
Dad called an exterminator to get rid of the raccoons, but when he heard how much THAT was gonna cost he decided to take care of it himself. By then Manny had heard about the baby racccoons living in the washing machine, and Mom had to step in.” Jeff Kinney ends the storie quite humurously, and ends it without any warning just like Greg would have written in his diary, a end of another day! This will leave the reader wanting more and This is one of many reasons why HARD LUCK from the DIARY of a Wimpy Kid series is such a up to scratch peice of litriture!

Thank you for youre time and i hope this review finds helpful.

1

• AstroWriter

Hii! Welcome to WTW! If you need any help, you can just ask me in one of my pieces!