Yellow Sweater

Zinnia | she/her | bi | agnostic | 18 | WA

2021-2022 Seattle Youth Poet Laureate

Elitist Atlantic Subscriber (jk, but I do think the Atlantic does some awsome journalism)

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions

I like spaceships, temples, and tea.

Some of my favorite poets and poet-adjacent-people: Federico Garcia Lorca, Ocean Vuong, Annie Dillard, Italo Calvino, Arundhati Roy, Michael Ondaatje, Becky Chambers, Pablo Neruda... The list goes on.

I am on here way too much.

My book is out next June! It feels wonderful to be able to say that with such certainty!

There are so many excellent writers on this site, but if you are new and looking for a place to start, check out: Paisley Blue, aosora, wishtree, aismic, Starlitskies, R.j.Elsewhere, amaryllis, .. ugh there are so many more....

Underneath the Textured Night

14
Fingers digging into corduroy, scratching fabric. Counting is not enough, I follow my sheep once I fall asleep. All my infinitives are split. 

To really go to the moon. 
To know the moon is real. 

The sun rises each morning to the forced rhythm of a fifties doo-wop song. 

I am afraid inside every daffodil is a star.
I am afraid life is not but a dream.
I am afraid to wake up. 
I am afraid.

• one hundred forty-seven

Hello Zinnia123,
    I just wanted to let you know that although there were several aspects of your piece that I enjoyed, there was some mild language and I think a gay couple in it, which is why I can't review it for religious reasons. My apologies.

that middle line - wow! that took my breath away. this whole piece is stunning! and the ending... wow. <3

• Cosmogyral

Ugh, In starve to see your words in prose!

• Livsnjutare

I've only read two of your pieces, but they are AMAZING!
    You are truly a gifted author!