rwong

~average teen writer/poet~
lover of historical fiction books (especially WWII)
dog lover
pianist
musical lover

joined september 19, 2020

say hi to my amazing wtw friends: em wilder, Paisley Blue, lochnessie, and SunV
and my irl friend: JMkittycat

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." - robert frost
"all you have to do is write one true sentence. write the truest sentence that you know." - ernest hemingway

the thing about falling

9
the thing about falling / is that the fall never hurts more / than getting back up
because for a moment / you succumb to gravity's unrelenting clutches / and simply let go /
in those seconds / pause the time and you will find / yourself floating with nothing between you and the clouds

until you hit the ground and / you are slammed back into reality
and you are forced to stand up again / with the prospect of falling / looming over your head / but you grit your teeth / blink past tears clouding your eyes / push away the pain/
because no one stays on the ground forever / and perhaps the key to to flying / is falling

• useless :)

re: thank you so much, that was really nice! nice to meet you too :)

• crystalline•galaxies

re: ah, thank you so much for your kind words! i’m sure i’ll figure out my faith someday, but for now, i suppose i’ll try to enjoy the journey.

• crystalline•galaxies

oh wow... absolutely stunning.

• astrea

wow...

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

this is super good! also, what’s your favorite historical fiction book? I also love historical fiction!!

• Busssy.Beee

ahh!! this is too good to be put in words.
    "pause the time and you will find / yourself floating with nothing between you and the clouds" that is simply gorgeous. and the way you put it in italics, feels in a way angelic?? it's a little hard to explain, but i tried.
    "until you hit the ground and / you are slammed back into reality" wow what a strong phrase. clear voice, with amazing word choice!
    "blink past tears clouding your eyes" here, it reminded me of, "yourself floating with nothing between you and the clouds" both kind of relate to each other, making this piece feel so complete, without any missing parts. that's such a great detail.
    "because no one stays on the ground forever / and perhaps the key to to flying / is falling" great great great diction. what a wonderful way of ending, honestly.
    absolutely loved this read, and trust me when I say this, you are one of the most underrated writers here on wtw, really. your short poetry is simply beautiful! <3
    p.s sorry the extremely messy comment, multitasking is definitely not for me :P

• Cosmogyral

You have to first fall to fly.