Minvra

I enjoy reading and been doing this as my past time a lot.
Love cooking, and learning in general. But I am not overly fond of school.

Hello, I'm Minvra.
I am a fan of:
Percy Jackson
A Throne of Glass
Holes
Gated
Adventure Time songs (Everything stays)
Rebecca Sugar's Music
Olivia Olson (voice actor of Vanessa in Phineas & Ferb and Marceline in Adventure Time)

Dreams:
Figure out what I want to do.
Do
A storyteller

All writing is practice. It doesn't matter how you start or whether you can start perfectly. It's that you can get hooked to it. Action brings motivation.

I am a Writer

“Are you ready to become a writer?” 
I fingered my puffed sleeve and gulped for moisture. Her yellow eyes assessed my white blouse and knee-length skirt. Like a realtor would inspect a house and search for stains and pee-stained walls. Her makeup was light, and her brown curls tied loosely in a braid. At the neck, wrapped a loose scarf. 
Nia West.
Within one word, and one letter; her stories wrapped its tendrils around the reader’s eyes and they’d forget to blink. She’s a critic, a teacher, an activist, and a writer. Most importantly, she was the judge deciding whether my business crumbles or prospers.
I wanted to look decent, so I wore heavier makeup around my eyes to flesh out the deep purple. I needed this teacher. And if I’m lucky, she’ll select two students. 
“I’m already one.” The moment it slipped, I regretted it. I locked my jaw and sucked in my stomach. My back arched, my fingers tensed and I stared at Nia West’s sunny eyes. Several moments passed. I knew I blew it.
Suddenly her blank face crinkled into a warm smile.
“You passed.”

The theme of this story, is to hold yourself as a writer with pride. Whether you write terrible narratives, generic themes, or can't even write a paragraph; You are a writer. You typed a word down, the next, and you continue to keep going despite how terrible you think you are as an artist. Whether you procrastinate, it doesn't mean you're a terrible writer. You just need to procrastinate actively. Use it as an excuse to just continue adding more details to the story you're writing, but write anything and finish it weakly or strongly. Just because you didn't publish anything to the library doesn't mean you aren't a writer. So long as you develop.
So, as a dignified writer, I pedge I will uphold these standards, learn, and advocate fellow writers. "So mote it be."

• EliathRose

Replying: I’m so sorry about that. I don’t know if it helps at all, but just remember that whatever you’re feeling is valid and justified. You don’t always need a reason to question something, and even if it’s small, it’s still completely OK to realize something about it that you didn’t before.

• EliathRose

Replying: So sorry for asking you to repeat. And yes, I have totally felt that before. It's like, you're kind of getting older and starting to think through different things and you find something that kind of surprises you. Then you react and you're not sure if that's OK. Is that kind of what you're feeling?

• EliathRose

Replying: Ah, I’m sorry you cried while reading the piece... I hope it was a good cry? Anyway, I read your comment and for some reason I don’t think I’m understanding it correctly. What exactly did you mean?

• SamRose

I love it! :) :)

• Yellow Sweater

Also, this is great. I found myself holding my breath through the first part.

• Yellow Sweater

Re: thank you so much for your comment. "the need for the past" was a really succinct way of putting it. Thank you!