Taylor H.

Why ignore Mayweather's abuse?

Why do we ignore Mayweathers domestic abuse? When I learned about Mayweather I thought of him as a famous celebrity who makes a lot of money. I never thought of him as a bad person or anything bad about him. That's because all the media coverage helps it pant an image as good. Well for what? Why ignore the fact that he hurt his wife; whom he is supposed to love and care for. In my opinion, I think he should be locked up in jail and have punishments. Instead he is off doing whatever he wants and being paid for it. Personally, I do not agree with that. I work five out of seven days of the week. On top of that, I go to school. Mayweather has two sons and two daughters. Why would he threaten to ruin his family? 

Athletes should be rolemodels. Many people, including children watch and look up to athletes. Nobody wants their children to want to be like someone who has a long history of abuse against women. Mayweather makes about 80 million dollars per game. I never knew how much money atheltes get until I researched it. How is that fair? People work all their lives and still do not have near as much as that. I guess the only way for one to be crazy rich is to be a famous athlete. As we all know, there have been many other incidents where athletes have gotten in touble with the law by abusing their wife or child and have gotten kicked off a team or out for a season. 

It all comes down to the same question I asksed in the first sentence. Why do we ignore mayweathers abuse? Reporters say it is different because there was no pictures of the beatings. I guess everyone else had taken pictures of it and sent them in. To me, that is not a valid reason for ignoring domestic abuse!