Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

from one star to another ii. | the other side

12

and my fingertips are shaking
when they used to create masterpieces
about you
i've really messed things up now
a thousand i'm sorry's can't charm away your tears

i died the day your heart fell on the floor
because i was supposed to care for it
care for you
this ego got in the way of the moonlight
we used to dance in

i guess i look like a fraud and i
feel like one, too
wax drips down my face as i question
everything i've ever felt
so tear me to pieces
it's better than living a lie that's golden
for you
from one star to another i. | how could you
I wrote this late last night (had to throw in my catchphrase lol) while listening to drivers license some more (remember; super clean version). It's  a sequel to the piece linked above, and it's written from the perspective of the celebrity heartbreaker to the one whose heart got broken.

re: Oh, the musical is lovely! Definitely worth a listen (though I would recommend listening to the Broadway versions of the songs rather than the movie versions because I think the singing would be better).

• doodleninja

re: thanks so much! <3

• FastOceanLove

I am in awe, especially loving the fraud part in the last lines, really felt it, and I can relate to this (whether you wrote it personally or just fiction-y) some people really need this right now (me :)) just made my night

re: lol, that would be a Peeta Mellark quote.

Re: well, the line about being a fraud really made me think of that (sorry if you didn't intend for that) and the last two lines...like, I don't know, celebrities always seemed kinda fake to me (I know that sounds horrible but I'm a skeptic of anyone whose face is all over the tabloids). Just made me think that these two people were "in love" for the publicity but don't actually know what real love is. Or at least one of them was like that.

oh my gosh this is so freaking good

also lowkey wondering if you you've watched hsmtmts because you've written such a cool reference " a thousand i'm sorrys"

Oooh, I like this other perspective. Kinda captures how shallow celebrities can be...or at least how shallow "love" can be if it's all for show and not for the right reasons.

• iamanna

wowoww this is so beautiful!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: <33 thanks! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yeah, I’ll keep mine on this piece too!
    Ha, thank you, but my singing is pretty bad at times, heh. Just ask my sister..... :)
    But thank you so much for the sweet comments! And yes, my lyrics fit to that music (or that’s the idea anyway).

• Cosmogyral

Like saying "How can I write, when you took my hands". I love the imagery of wax over flecks of gold. Driver's license is pretty good, I first heard it in the ocean eyes mashup.

• Rohan’s Defender

Aw, so beautiful and sad! I LOVE how you started it with And! It’s so great!
    Re: awwww, thank you so so much!! Well, if I could sing maybe, lol. I sound a bit like a dying animal actually. But I really appreciate your enthusiasm! I wish I knew something who could sing it in Korean, because its intended to be sung like that. Have you ever listened to Magic Shop by BTS? That’s basically how I would have it sound, if I were able to choose! Thanks so much for the comment, you are so sweet!