in_love_with_writing [on hiatus]

Girl | aspires to be author, teacher | avengers fan | ATEEZ
currently, I am trying to patiently wait for the Black Widow movie to come out (its not working)
my collab: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/211102/version/437035

please look at the footnotes my friends :)

the Bible Challenge--aka why I believe God exists

13
So I’m going to hop onto the bandwagon and write a piece about why I believe God exists. Just like all the other pieces out there, this is not meant to convert anyone (although if that happens, I will be very happy) it is only meant to tell you my reasoning behind God’s existence. I would love to hear feedback in the comments if you have any, and I’ll answer any questions. 
All right back to business.
#1: Moral Code
I have read many of the other pieces on both sides, and many of them used the moral code as an example. How is it that we have a clear perception of right and wrong--that we can feel guilt, that we have a conscience? I am learning about evolution in my biology class. Although we focused a lot on the evolution of the body I never remember learning about the evolution of the mind. Sure, I learned that our brains got bigger, but you can be the smartest person in the world and also be the evilest. Where did we get the idea of good and bad? And when I think of that, the only answer I can come up with is God. A God who is loving and forgiving, who fostered in us a strong moral compass. 
Let me leave you with something to think about: the earliest known form of the horse is the “dawn horse” (genus Hyracotherium). It was a four-toed, twelve inch tall animal that almost resembled a dog. And it evolved to be what we know as the horse today. We started out as ape-like creatures, and here we are today. Maybe the horse became smarter. We sure did. But in no way did evolution give the horse a moral code. Why did it give us moral values? Why not any other animal? 
#2: The perfect world
The world is a perfect place. It was perfectly formed to welcome life and have it flourish. Everything fits together in it perfectly. Think of the food chain, physics. How did the “Big Bang” create a world perfect enough for life? How is it possible that something so random as an explosion create what we know as Earth today? I don’t believe it is possible. To me, it makes far more sense. Most of evolution is based on theories. You can tell me I have no proof, but theories are not proof either. As a Catholic, if I want to look for proof, I have every miracle performed by a saint that is completely unexplainable to scientists. But the fact is, that religion isn’t meant to be based on facts. It is called faith for a reason, and it takes strength to be a believer. To have faith in something you cannot touch, you cannot see, you cannot hear.
#3: Religion
I find religion to be really interesting. How come so many of us have this sense of a higher being? It’s not like there is one religion. There are millions of people in the world who are religious, and there are so many different kinds of religion. Throughout history, people have been turning to a higher being. Doesn’t this tell us something about our nature? Doesn’t it make sense for us to instinctively wish to worship our Creator? That somehow we have instilled in us a nature to look for a divine being?

Thank you to whoever of you reached the bottom of this page. Also thank you to anonymous123 and I think Abigail Faith for starting this challenge!!
Please comment any questions, feel free to debate with me or something like that as long as we keep it civil :)
Check out all the other awesome responses (I would link them in, but it is 9:00 and I am soooo lazy)
just write the Bible challenge in the search bar.

• Avril

hmm these are very good points! It is so important to consider the reason behind our faith instead of just going along with it. God is so good.
    And Re: Thanks so much for your kind comment on my piece! :)

Happy Sunday! How are you?
    I wrote more to my story and it would be amazing if you took a look!! (It's kinda long BUT I hope you really like it!) Sending lots of love<3

Hey!! Guess who wrote more!! I hope you are having a wonderful day...even though its getting pretty late ANYWAY I wrote more to my story! :)

Re- HAHAHAHHA THE TEA IS SO HOT!!

• ChimChim_1

Re: Thank you

Re- I KNOW!! Hes being a jerk!! Hahah Thats so funny!
    Wait nobody talked about this but I thought it was a really important point ahh so I wanna ask: what did you think when Dice said "He just tries to look better than his competition" CUZ HE JUST ADMITTED HE LIKES HER but idk if that's just me...

Hii!! I got some more juicy info on Dice and Dehlia!! I hope you enjoy this next little thing!

Re- HAhahha your comment actully made me laugh! Thank you for that!! CYAN DOES NEED TO SHAPE UP OMG!!

Hey I know this is really quick BUT I wrote more!! I can't wait to see what you have to say! Lots of love:))

• bunnybeige

re: ddudddde rice is like the binding factor across cultures tho

I know it has been long but I wrote a bit more to my story:) How are you doing? I hope you had a wonderful day! :D
    Lots of love<3

• FastOceanLove

Re: Thanks for the comment! Glad it gave you a laugh :) feel free to keep checking back, maybe a follow too? :)

• anonymous_123

wow great job! And your welcome for the challenge. I didn't like and read all the work because I took a short break from this website so now I'm finishing this up! Great job :)

Re- That is so good to hear! OoO I would love to read it if you put it on here!
    It's okay, I'm glad you liked it tho haha :D

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: :) thanks!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes!! :) Hope you have a great day!

Re- Haha thank you!! That is so sweet of you!! I really hope it does become a book ahh!!

Re- I wrote like ALOT more and would love some feedback!!! I hope you like it!! :D

Re-Rlly? aww! I might send it to him tomorrow haha

• Cosmogyral

re: That is incredibly helpful, thank you! We'll see who comes along. It's something I'm still considering. When I have time, I'll better establish my plot and then set it out there.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes! XD But we’re weird in a fun way! ;)
    And ha! Aw! I actually haven’t seen all the music videos, but they seem like such a close, kind group! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: that’s funny!! XD and wow, now that you say that, that song makes me feel maybe kinda nostalgic...... or maybe it’s more the present? I don’t know, XD. But it makes me feel something! And hey, if you’re weird, I’m off the charts as a lunatic!! XD XD

Re- I KNOW IT IS SO AMAZING!! IM SO HAPPY!!!
    NO!! Ahh my goal is to actually publish this as a book so, this much would only be like 13 pages SO no don't worry it's not ending! They still gotta stop this cruel system!! Lots of love <3 have the bestest day ever!!

Re- I hope today was a great day for you:) I wrote a little more to my story!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: lol! XD XD
    We should start a WtW group! XD If only we could all sing virtually...

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: XD ha! That’s funny!!
    Yes, I love that song! Those lines inspire me, ya know?

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ah, okay! Well, that’s cool!

Re- AW! haha I love the connection you have! Yup, you can have him as long as I get Dice:)

Re- Addicting? Wow that means so much to me!
    I hope you're excited for more then haha! I hope you are doing amazing! :D

• cloudi

re: aww no problem...

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ah, okay! Yeah, I might use an old computer we have.... if my parents will let me have that one.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: YES! Most of mine do too!!!!!!! Wow, I’m not the only one! XD In fact, I use my parents’ phones....

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: XD XD That’s awesome!! I don’t have a phone either, actually!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: XD
    Actually, a fun fact about my level of being behind too: I though that XD was an abbreviation at first when I joined here and started seeing it. Then I asked someone what it stands for and found out it was a laughing face!!! :D

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ah, thank you! XD I have had to ask many things over the years, lol! :)

Hiiii! I wrote more to my story! Thank you for your support, You are so sweet! :D

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, it’s okay! I understand what you mean! I’m sorry, I just have to ask: what is the exact definition of “stan”? I’ve heard it and get the gist obviously, but I don’t know the exact meaning, XD.
    And okay, cool! Thanks for the suggestion!!! I might have to look them up! And yes, you told me about Italy!! :) :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ah, okay! I’ve never listened to them, I guess! Cool!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: okay, cool! Yes, I do! I actually just started really listening to some BTS songs recently (thanks to a friend who loves their music), and some of their songs are really poetic and pretty. Life Goes On is one that just really makes me feel creative! And you’re more than welcome; I wish I could give more tips..... Do you like BTS?

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you so much!!!!!
    And okay, that sounds so interesting about your book! I understand that it’s hard to write about things like that. I don’t know, other than I would say trust yourself. The combination of research and going with your instinct usually yields good results. Maybe you could ask your family too, and see if they have any tips. I’ve gotten some input from my family before, so maybe they could give some advice on that. I don’t have many other tips.... I’ll give a couple songs that might help you feel a bit inspired:
    Life Goes On by BTS (it is mostly in Korean, to warn you; but it’s kinda upbeat)
    Magic Shop by BTS (also mostly in Korean, but really pretty and sweet)
    Photograph (the cover song by Boyce Avenue)
    Safe and Sound (By Taylor Swift, it’s actually in the movie credits of the Hunger Games; so sad and gorgeous)

Of course, not all of these are for everyone. But they may be able to inspire you a little, if you’re interested! Just let me know if you’re looking for any other feedback or anything!

• Busssy.Beee

re: oh, no need to apologize :D and yes please!! if you get on, please tell me!!

• Blue Jay

Re: Indeed, it is very true that we can argue all day about whether god exists, but it really is for us to choose our beliefs based on what makes us happy. Nobody has any idea what happened, and we will never know, so everyone should believe in what they think is right and makes them happy in the end.

Yes, I thought that your piece brought up some really good points and did make me think quite a bit. I definitely thought it was worth linking on my piece. It is very well thought out, brings up some good points, and is very interesting. Nice work! I think that everyone should read/listen at some point to someone who disagrees with their religious beliefs. It is very important to have an open mind about these sorts of things. So many wars have been fought over religion, and even just family arguments over it, that we should all acknowledge that everyone needs to have the religion (or lack of it) that makes them happy and that we should all be respectful of other people's point of view. Good job again with your piece, and have a wonderful day! :)

RE- Haha yup you guessed right!!!
    You're not overeating, I feel the same way!!

Re- I'm soo great! There is just so much school work! Also I added some more to my story

You wrote this so well! God is the one I look up to for help:)
    Re- Ah im so sorry for the late reply, but thank you!!! You are so amazing! I hope you are doing well! :D

I like a lot of the points you bring up in here! Especially the one about faith. You can prove God exists as much as you want, but ultimately if people want to reject him they will regardless of the facts. It takes faith and the desire to find God to actually bring us close.