BizzleWrites

I'm Issy.
I'm 14 and an aspiring artist and author.
Black Lives matter.
Likes:
Bi puns
Murder mystery TV shows
Art
Shakespeare poetry
Dislikes:
I can't even be bothered writing them all down
.
Goodbi
Have a nice day

Remember to write even if you think you are bad at it, you're not

The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy: The Greatest Book

Have you ever wished that you could sail the high-seas, or become a doctor on a ship in the 18th centaury? Me too, me too. Even if you just wished to escape the drag of day-to-day life (especially in a pandemic), or to find someone who for once agrees with your feminist views. Sometimes, the world is a lonely, lonely place. 
    The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy is hands-down the best book I've ever read. Lying on a bed, in a room, in a double-story house, surrounded by a world of people who would very much like to tell you off or demand you be more lady-like. It sucks. The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy holds something. . . personal. You could almost forget, whilst immersed in pages of old friendships, philosophy, and trying again and again, that there are tons of other people who have read it. That it doesn't make you special. Except it does, because it gives you a connection, a string to the author's mind, seen from your point of view. 
    Felicity Montague isn't lady-like. She isn't hour-glass, with glossy hair and a perfect smiley face. Mackenzie Lee has done such a good job of making the character feel real, you could half believe Felicity was a real person, waiting just around the corner. She comes alive with the pages, her inner-monologue talking to an endless heartbeat, which doesn't die - even after the book is over. 
    People are so different. Take three 17-year-old girls; they can be the same age, the same gender, and completely different persons. Even, and so much so it is un-nerving, when they choose the same path in life. 

• January 19, 2021 - 4:44am (Now Viewing)

This sounds like a really fascinating book! I like that you don't give away too much of it but still mention why you like it.