Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
Highly Sensitive Person
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

from one star to another i. | how could you

18

and i have the power to destroy you with a song
oh the tabloids, how they'd scream
slipping messy realities into melodies dressed
to kill
i'd let them fly to the top of the charts
pasting pain onto burning billboards
one hundred times you broke this heart of mine

but they don't deserve the shock
of finding out you're not who they think
they've fallen in love with
the truth is deadly
it is cold and painful and loud
(i learned that from you)

so you can stay up on your pedestal
i'll watch you while mine crumbles
remembering the golden days of false faces
i hate this
congratulations, you've made it
I've been listening to driver's license by Olivia Rodrigo (if you guys wanna listen to it and don't like swearing there's a super clean version), and I just thought about how powerful celebrity singer-songwriters are when they've been through a breakup with another celebrity. They can change people's perspectives of the other person just by releasing a song about them. Naturally, the next thing I did was write an angsty poem from the perspective of a pop star who was conflicted about writing a song about their famous ex.
Also I'm lowkey really proud of my reference to the Billboard Hot 100 lol.
One more thing: I've been starting too many pieces with "and" but I just adore the implications of it; like you just walked in on a mess of thoughts. Gorgeous.

• one hundred forty-seven

Re: Oh, thank you! I'm soo glad! <3
    That's really good to hear that he's going to youth group. What a good thing.
    Oh sure! So do you mean move each of the comments to older pieces you published? Or do you mean delete them? Cause I'm fine with either way.

• one hundred forty-seven

Re: Aw, thank you so much Anne. You gave me some much needed confidence. I'm really glad that you are generally optimistic towards the relationship, and that MB shows some good signs. I went back and reread all your messages about him, and when added up, it does seem as though there are quiet a few good characteristics. I was really happy about his good listening skills. It's so hard to find people like that now a days!
    Oh and, about dating, I'm actually really surprised. It's just really rare to find even Christians that don't allow it. So good for you!
    I do have one question, and this might seem odd, but is MB a Christian? The only reason I ask is because of that dream you had where you thought you remembered him coming to faith. I just thought perhaps your dream was a manifestation of your wishes. I know odd things happen in dreams sometimes though.
    Well, that last message you sent me was really comforting. I'm glad you're proceeding with both joy and caution. I wish you the best.
    (Also, about deleting the messages, it doesn't matter. Whatever you decide is fine by me!)
    Thanks again. Hope you have a great day!

• one hundred forty-seven

Re: Hey Anne,
    I just want to apologize. I realize how rude it was of me to interfere and cast suspicions on a person I didn't know, and your friend besides. I feel really bad for doing that to you. I'm really glad he is genuine, but that only goes to prove how wrong my suspicions were. That definitely was not what you needed. I truly was concerned for you, but honestly, what do I know about the situation? Barely anything! Again, I apologize, and I'm really sorry if I caused you any disturbance or anxiety.

• one hundred forty-seven

Re: Oh okay. Yeah, I was going off of pretty limited information too!
    But that's odd though. Your hunch about what happened seems probable, I just don't know why he'd continue to pursue a relationship if he thought it wasn't going to work out long term. That kind of seems unfair to you. I'll admit, he does sound sweet, but if he feels he's in a relationship doomed to fail then to what purpose does he act in kindness?
    Please forgive me if I'm just reading this all wrong. And I do trust you know a great deal more about relationships of all sorts than I do. /srs/ (I'm a strictly cloistered homeschooler! /hj/) What I'm saying is, I trust your judgment in making any final call. Like you pointed out, you actually know him pretty well, whereas I don't at all. I have had some friends though that were in guy/girl relationships, and I have to say from (a small) experience that everything about MC (is that what you call him?) just seems a little off target. But you know, if everything goes well, maybe I'll eat my words!

• one hundred forty-seven

Hey Anne,
    I don't know if this helps or not, I mean ignore this if it's misguided, but I'm feeling a little suspicious of this guy by virtue of the fact that he thought he had at one time "gotten over you." Somehow, that doesn't seem like the mark of a healthy friendship. Also, it seems as though you're having to work through more problems and have more honest/uncomfortable conversations, than you are being able to peacefully enjoy each other's presence, and chat about hobbies or something. I know you're a great advocate for honest conversations, and boy, you have more bravery than me in that area for sure! But you know, if you're initiating them because you're upset with him, that seems to signal perhaps a far deeper problem. I don't know the details of the situation really, but I'm worried for you.

• Mr. Enoki

OMG this piece is everything! I've been hyper-fixating on the Driver's License drama since the song cam out, so I was so happy to see this piece from you!!!

okay but like sorry for venting about how much i stan olivia lol

it's times like these when i remember why i'de kill for a follow from you when i first came.this is a masterpiece,i can't even comment on it.

also ahhhhh i'm obsessed with the song,i was a fan of olivia ever since i watched hsmtmts(obsessed with the show) and since i watched her interviews.i love her so much.her songwriting is amazing and so is her voice.i also watched the songs she wrote (including the rough version of drivers licence) on youtube that someone had put from her instagram.they were just bits of songs she'd written for herself but i was so in awe that i rewatched them until i knew all the lyrics.so seeing drivers licence blow up is like...im so proud

• one hundred forty-seven

Re: Thanks. Maybe I'll take a break.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: oh, wow that sounds really cool! I love Wipeout, just cause it’s interesting to watch. Now that you mention it, it does seem familiar! Thank you so much for explaining! That’s so neat that you saw them in person, and that they support each other! :) Have a great night! And happy Friday! XD

• Rachaelgrace

wow this is so well done. your style really shines through and I like how you can see how you were inspired by the song. great job! also how have you been doing?

• Just_A_Memory

Re: You're right O-o I didn't think about that. So. . . What now?

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Baha, "King". That's awesome xD I suppose he really does need a name we could call him. Hm. . . King does work, but I guess it feels like I'm bowing down to someone I haven't met in real life. DB feels more correct in a way. We could call him John, or JD for John Doe, since we don't actually know his name or something along those lines.

• Rose A(hiatus)

I actually just heard the song for the first time this morning. This was great. I love it. And you're totally right about celebrity breakups.

• Just_A_Memory

Those last three lines OoO The imagery, and I can almost hear you saying it in my head

Re: No, dark hair is it. I can remember that I think he's handsome, and the sweetest guy in the world, but that's it. As for the rest. . . Girl, I don't know ;-; I mean, with my issues it's possible I'll have to adopt when I'm older, since many things could go wrong with my body in the process, so it surprised even me. Gah. . . it's kinda scary to think about

• almost flora kane

soooo gorgeous and powerful. i've listened to the song and the tone of the poem fits well if that's what you wanted. it's powerful enough to stand alone obviously as well:)) and those last lines.... oooooooo

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is so good! And wow, what an interesting and unique concept about the breakups.... You did amazing with this piece! Honestly, how are you so talented?! I also really love how it starts with “and”. I agree with you.
    Re: oh, so cool! I don’t think I’ve ever watched that show. What’s it about?

That's actually very true. I never thought about that before, but I'm sure the fans love songs of revenge.
    Re: Yes, we have all sorts of interesting animals in our back woods (deer, turtles, owls, hawk, bobcats occasionally, lynx, and a few times foxes or skunks) I don't even know how they get there cause the stretch is only about a mile or so and surrounded by houses, but they probably come down from the hills to hide out cause they know we can't hunt them in the neighborhood.

• anemoia by a thread

yes
    yes
    that's the immediate vibe i got, like looking at celebs (mostly singer-songwriters) whose songs def are about another star. obv, taylor swift comes to mind since she's had lots of high profile feuds and relationships. and i'm a swiftie, so like a dozen songs rushed in my head when i read the first few lines. (Innocent, Bad Blood, Better Than Revenge, Mean, I Forgot That You Existed, LWYMMD, Dear John, Style, I Did Something Bad, Getaway Car, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, closure, long story short, Should've Said No)
    yk i keep seeing driver's license pop up in my recommended on yt i think i will listen to it