Odyssey

she/her/violinist/reader/writer/theater kid/singer/ LOTR fan/Hufflepuff/ dreamer/sister/child at heart

“There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.” -Samwise Gamgee

Trying to craft meaningful stories while juggling school, family, and life in general.
Someone who likes to write and loves to live.
My username is Odyssey because we are all on our own journey. :)
Hi everyone reading this, I hope you are having a fantastic day.

You are loved and you have meaning. Never forget that.

I'll also probably forget to respond to comments- it's not cause I don't appreciate them ( I do- a lot), I'm just really absentminded.

Interested in art, the future, philosophy, morality, ethics, the origins of the universe, and the meaning of life. Trying to figure it all out.

Random Monologue (Girl on Phone)

5
Act 1, Scene 1
Hi, it’s Kate. No, I’m okay- I just- I need someone to talk to.
Sure, I’ll call you back.
(Hangs up, sitting dejectedly, until phone rings again)
Jenny? Oh, sorry  Maddie.  I thought you were someone else.

I’m fine, why does everyone keep asking if I’m fine? (Voice raises, quivers)

Of course I’m overwhelmed, what ya think!? It’s not as if we’re in a worldwide pandemic or anything.

No! Don’t go! Please. Sorry, it’s- I’m feeling so alone.
Covid, quarantine, everything. I never knew how much everyone meant to me until I couldn’t see them. And then I realized most everyone didn’t care about me.
You know how many texts I got over quarantine? Maybe five. Five. And that’s not mentioning that three of those were happy birthdays. I maybe talked to one person other than you and my parents.
I never knew- if the people I thought were my friends were- and now I guess I know. 
Maddie? Are you there? No! Don’t you dare leave me. No. (whispers) (hangs up phone)
(Goes to sit on bed, surrounded by schoolwork.)
How can I? (looking at school things. How can I even…. do this- this meaningless work (voice riding, beginning a rant) Who cares about vectors or quantitative data, what even is a vector? I don’t know, who cares?
Who cares… when the world is falling apart… and I can’t even focus on that… I have schoolwork to do. 
And I have to work for a good future if I want a future but- I want a good present as well.

• AstroWriter

I love this! A story in conversation. The last line is very powerful too.

• Zirong

WOW this is powerful!

• Figwit

Wow. A perfect picture of how alone some people are. Thank God I have a wonderful family to hang out with!

intense and honest.