Anne Blackwood

17
Autistic, ADHD
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill, neurodivergent)
XXFJ-T, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Update (1/19/2021): Omigosh! I totally forgot that three days ago was my one year anniversary of joining Write the World!! Shout out to Busssy.Beee for reminding me. I can't believe it's been a whole year. It feels like only a week but also like years... Thank you to everyone who has ever interacted with or supported me while I'm here.

Girl of Sunlight (announcement in message board)

Books are magical things. Whether read in stolen moments between life's happenings or as a late-night escapade, they all hold a power that all of us crave. The power of stillness.
    There is arguably no better tale than Anne of Green Gables for those who fall in love with stories that are more than just an escape or a hiding place. This classic tale is a friend. Anne Shirley's never-ending enthusiasm and effervescence wrap the reader in comfort and hope so strong they seep into real life until one finds themself viewing the dreary happenings of our world in the same wonder of our dear Anne.
    I have been in love with Anne of Green Gables since I was young, rereading it whenever I feel myself falling out of love with life. Anne is a girl like no other, with an imagination to rival starlight and a spirit so bright it reflects in the eyes of anyone who reads her story. It's not uncommon to find oneself laughing at her endearing misadventures as one is watching her make her way into every heart she comes across.
    As Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert, the siblings who find themselves caring for the eleven-year-old orphan, say, "She's never had any bringing up," and the reader witnesses Anne's struggles with life and love. One may even be brought to tears while exploring themes of loss and uncertainty.
    From the very first page, the happenings of Avonlea, Prince Edward Island become tangible and meaningful. The perspectives shift subtly between the main characters, allowing the reader to fully immerse themself in the story. As we watch Anne fly up on the wings of excitement and grapple with grudges and the necessity of holding one's tongue, it's easy to forget how important the lessons in this novel are. We learn through Anne how to slow down, find wisdom in the little things, and remember that "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it."
I know this is way under the word count, but I'm mostly doing this for school anyway.

• birthdaycandles

Re: Aha yeah I'm doing ok, I've also missed you :) My aunt's wedding is coming up next month, so that should be fun (socially distanced, sanitised, masked fun I guess) But yeah, I'm ok thanks for asking (:

• birthdaycandles

Also I can’t like this piece because it’s saying there’s a wtw error..? Just so you know though I do love this piece <3

• birthdaycandles

Hey I’ve been so inactive here sorry school is really testing me right now.. but I just read your comment! I’m so happy you got some inspiration to reread the book, it’s so fantastic. I might reread again soon myself. Your review does the book such justice, very very well done!
    Also it’s been a while, how have you been?

• Saloni Soni

Re: Hey, I'm relatively new here and in a different time zone, so I was wondering if you knew what time the competition winners are announced?

Re: LOL I don't know if I actually know the date...I know it was some time before February 13th...Ik my first comp was the Feb one. I'll try and see if I can find out ;)

Oh, I love Anne of Green Gables! The whole series just makes me nostalgic for some reason, though I've never been to PEI. Also, happy belated anniversary!
    Re: Thank you so much; that means so much coming from you! I guess it's cause I have a pretty low-key life so I don't have much else to write about. : )

ahhhhh one year!!!! so glad to have you here:)

Re: That's all good :D I think it'll be my anniversary in a week or two...:)

• Saloni Soni

This is so good! I love Anne of Green Gables, and this review makes me want to go back and read it all over again!

Re: Ohhhhh and happy anniversary on WtW!

Re: :DD

a YEAR omg! that's amazing!! :D wow... :)

Re: Awwwwwe tysm :D I'll totally tell you if I get any really helpful advice :D I wish you could be here too! It starts on the 7th next month :)

• Shivona

short, sweet, and powerful! This is so awesome please keep writing!

Hey Anne! Not sure if you remember this, but do you remember that Performance Lab/NIDA thing I was telling you about? Well.....I got in! I just found out like half an hour ago :D

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i think i'm okay on resources. one way or another, i'm sure i'll come out of this in whatever way is best for me. i appreciate everything you've offered!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i don't know if i would say i had a bad experience with religion, really, it's just that i'm questioning a lot of what i once had complete faith in and it's shaking me. i'm happy you've had success in your own religious endeavors, and i thank you for your kind comments!

replying:aww no,i know.of course you mean it<3

• amaryllis

Ahh happy anniversary/ WTW birthday :) Ah, I adore Anne of Green Gables. Should really reread that series sometime soon. Have you read them all (I have not, so curious) or just the first few?

replying: aww thank you. yeah,i just feel like i've used almost everything i am able to think of to describe my emotions.and i feel as though i'm using up imagery and words and ughhh its confusing.

• Busssy.Beee

Re: Oh noo! I'm three days late, but anyway, YOU REACHED YOUR FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF WTW!! WHOOO!! (well technically its 1 year 3 days, but whatever) You have such a big impact here and have done so much in this year!! Thank you, Anne!! Lots of loveeee!! <333

Re: It is! I think you would like it :D

As I probably just flooded your notifications, you can see I am getting caught up on all your amazingness in these pieces XD

• nopenopenope

Aaaaah, dude, now I need to reread Anne of Green Gables - thanks for reinspiring me to read it!

• In Which Yaya Writes

I agree with Rohan's Defender: I love the vocab and such! Really great piece. I read the children's version of Anne of Green Gables when I was little and now I think of her as an old-timey version of my sister XD. Maybe I'll read it again now :).
    Replying: I don't think I can reply to all your amazing comments so I'll just say shucking THANK YOU! But for the last one, thanks! Hmm, yeah, maybe I could edit that part out. Also, do you think I need to add a description for the title? Like how yours is 'Girl of Sunlight?' Right now mine's just the title of the book XD.

• V-Rose

Hey! Chapter of Never Really Real here! *waves crazily*

• remi'sgotinkstains

um, yes . . . there is no better book than Anne of Green Gables . . . where have you been all my life??? ;)

Re: great! I’m well, thank you. But a whole lot, other than writing songs and translating them into Korean! XD How about you?

Re: Tysm, and that's all good :D Wowwww that is so insanely awesome! I know someone who was waiting in a line for prayer and that church and there was a guy who had 1 long shorter than the other, and as they were watching his leg literally GREW, until they were the same length!

This is beautiful :) I absolutely love Anne of green gables, it's one of my comfort books!! (The other being the Penderwicks series lol) this is beautiful!!!

How are you, Blue?

Re: :) <3333

• Busssy.Beee

re: thank you so so much!! <3

WOW! This is really great!! I love love love your use of uncommon words and beautiful language! This is amazing!