Zinniav

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

she/ her | Bi | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

Listening to: Bell and Sebastian, Kings of Convenience, Jose Gonzales, Simon and Garfunkel, The Gentle Good

Reading: Albert Camus, Italo Calino, Robert Kaplan, Annie Dillard, Garcia Lorca, Hafiz, Ocean Vuong , Patrick Rothfuss

Watching: Derry Girls, Madam Secretary, The Durells in Corfu, Shitt's Creek

If you would like a review, just ask!

I am always looking for good new books to read. Suggestions are welcome!

I have been re-publishing pieces quite a lot recently and I was wondering if anyone finds that annoying? Because I can stop.

Please, please, feel free to start up a conversation or debate in the comment section of any of my pieces. There is nothing I like more than intellectual discussion.

Two Dimensional Oscillations

11
I haven’t been breathing well lately. No fresh air. My oscillations are stationary. I celebrate by brain’s success trapped in an aching body. My Washington bedroom has become a portal to New York.

The rich pastels of early Winter are locked behind glass.
My breaths are locked behind glass.
My jubilation is Two Dimensional.

In chemistry class, instead of studying the universe's fundamental building blocks, I think about the entropy pulling my gut into my stomach, pulling my stomach into my heart, and my heart into my brain. The imaginary walls are breaking, but the real ones are solid. 

I lose myself to an infinity without density. Dimensional analysis fails to yield Three Dimensional forms.

My work wasn’t published in the New York Times, only my name. 

• janevra

i've literally been binging your writing... it's so good! this piece kind of reminds me of a quarantine-type feeling, especially the lines "I lose myself to an infinity without density" and "the imaginary walls are breaking, but the real ones are solid". an anti-mimesis, life-imitates-art type feeling.

• AstroWriter

You have a great talent of writing. I encourage you to write on and many people are addicted! And the last line is just wow.

• Cosmogyral

To know the gravity of New York without ever yearning for it. To drown in the absolute hopelessness of stale air. I do hope you're alright, though. Some points where you indicate bodily sound to put the reader into your p.o.v sound like common effects of an on-the-low panic attack, the ones that happen and you almost never know they did. I loved the work, I hope you live for breath.

• Treblemaker

Well hello there Yellowsweater XD fancy seeing you here haha. What a beautiful piece <3

• rosi willard

i hate chemistry, but somehow you made it romantic?

HHHH- I saw your message board - I love The Durrells in Corfu. Just started watching.

• amaryllis

You had me checking the NYT just then! Any news with that?

And then aside from that, YOUR CHEMISTRY METAPHORS WHA-? then there's all the fun stuff you did with the capitalization, "rich pastels", and somehow you made me somewhat like DA for once.