Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky no.1

19
A collection of stars.

I. an ode to the stars i stole from the sky,
it is neither day or night
i see my reflection in the black glass beneath me,
and the fires tame the horizon.
    you are here, surrounding me,
whispering, watching, evolving.
tell me your name.
    you who has trapped me in my own cage,
tell me your name.

last night, i was laying on my bed, watching my lights,
and i thought,
a million years away,
we are just another star.
    and it made me so happy to think,
that i was indeed lesser than a speck of dust,
yet i exist.
    it made me so happy.
this is the last first published under this title. i'll be posting some facts about the collection, i thought there wasn't much to it when i first started, but it's really grown. i'd like to thank you all so much for the continuous support, you've truly made writing this collection worth it. i've been more committed to this than anything in my life (school, sometimes). i'm gonna take time off collections for a bit, focus more on my fellow writers and some longer pieces. promise, in a while, i'll be back with another collection. it's not like i'm leaving, sooo, comment all you like on your thoughts of our collective future. man, thinking of a new title is gonna be a pain, i don't think anything i write is gonna be as magnificent as aottsisfts. kinda depressing because this title, in my personal opinion, is awesome and i'm certain i'll be able to think of nothing to live up to it.
 lots of love and finality, caleb <3 <3 <3

• Minvra

There really is no words I can perfectly trace to describe that I may or may not understand what this refers to. Then again I read the footnotes first.

oh wow this was one of my favorite collections to read. each post was so so beautiful and each was full of such vivid imagery and meaning. your writing really grew through this collection and really shaped your gorgeous poetry for the better. I am sad to see its end but want to wish you congratulations for such a big achievement. if you do continue and publish this please let us all know! i think this would definitely sell--I would def buy it ;)

• almost flora kane

re: aww thank you! i will definitely be keeping your words in mind, that meant a lot to me. can't wait to see what else you write btw!

• almost flora kane

haha i was just going to ask if you were thinking about making this collection into a book and publishing it, but many others have beat me to it. i would buy it though, i have to say:) plus, your commitment is something i really look up to! i can barely write a chapter of a story and you wrote so many pieces for this collection, so it's really inspiring. thanks for being an awesome person and an amazing writer.

• Rose A

I'm glad you reposted this! I don't think I read the first few. Then again I have a bad memory...
    Anyway, have you considered officially publishing this? You're an awesome writer, so I think it would sell.

• Zinniav

Re: That's an excellent point. Th definition of culture I use is a bit stale and inhuman. It ignores devotion which is a huge part of civilization.

• cloudi

re: yeah ofc!! feel free to try it!

• psithurism #words [Sunnydew]

Ahhh! I love this collection! With each one that comes out I find myself even more stunned by how intricately simple they are. I second Paisley's comment, you're one of my favorite writers on this site. I guess I just want to congratulate you on this marvelous collection! I hope you're having a good day. :)

ahdjsagleiurwaiure this is one of my favorite collections on the entire site - and you're one of my favorite poets!!! what you have here is stunning. each poem is brilliant and beautiful and shines like a billion stars! i seriously think you should work toward publishing them as a collection - of course, if you're not ready for that that's completely fine and i get it, but i absolutely love this collection and it is worthy of being in a book :)
    excited for whatever comes next! i'm honored to be able to be on this writing journey with you!! :)

(also, just gotta say, you and izzy's conversation below made me crack up XD)

• bunnybeige

re: I SECOND THAT, I ALSO WISH I WAS FROM TENNESSEE

• bunnybeige

re: *slams fist on table* YES I FOUND ANOTHER DOLLY STAN

• bunnybeige

re: gaaaaah, i love "Jolene" - wait, you mean the Dolly Parton song, right?