~Zoe~

Kindness is choosing love over hate, light over darkness, and compassion over judgment.
-Anonymous

est. 8.17.20

Currently Reading: Plain Bad Heroines

#BlackLivesMatter, #LoveisLove

"I feel there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." -Vincent Van Gogh

~ She/Her
~14
~Feminist
~Writer/Poet
~ENFJ-T/ Pisces/ Melancholic-Phlegmatic
~Musician
~Non-Religious
~lgBtq+

Loves: Iced Chai, Poetry, Autumn, Stars, Seashells, Music, Books With Beautiful Covers, French Fries, Art, Dreams, The Sea

ʙᴜᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ɪ ɢᴏ, ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ,
ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ;
ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ.

crimson sunflowers of summer days

Crimson Sunflower Meadows
a simple memory, so fragile & could be forgotten 
it seems so long ago that we were there,
riding bikes in the dusty air of summertime, 
along the empty streets, & once in a while
the dogs would bark as we passed,
angry to be awoken from their summertime slumber. 

lying on top of so much history, so many stories, 
buried forever in the tall grass & sunflowers
that waved in the breeze as we passed. 
you're still there, aren't you? 
waiting, watching for me to return, &
for me to remember who I am.

sunset, lighting up the whole world 
those sunflowers glowing crimson & gold, 
and in the last moments before the sun disappeared,
they hold on to a moment of time, 
a reminder of those summer days. 

in the middle of a town where people rush around day & night,
in the middle of all those modern buildings, modern people, modern world
you still wait for me to remember; in all the golden splendor,
in the simple fragility of your untouched world, 
you wait for us to remember those summer days
that are now only memories, faded and almost forgotten. 

Wait for me. I'll come back. 

So, this poem is about a sunflower field near my house. I have a few memories of writing my bike there when I was younger and walking through the field. I haven't been there in years... It's built on top of an old mining site because my town used to be a mining town, but now all that is there is a forgotten field. I hope I go back there soon, and I hope it's still there and buildings aren't being built on top of it, because for years now, this town has grown and that's like the only place left that hasn't been disturbed. 

• January 25, 2021 - 11:17am (Now Viewing)

• Rylee-Anne

wow, this is beautiful! It rlly made me visulize, i dont know how to explain it i just rlly loved this

• Busssy.Beee

Re: mhmhm, i am! I've been since around 6 months ago. But I don't check often, which is why i only have one post. I hope to be more active there now, so yeah! :D

• Cosmogyral

The simple sense of forgetfulness of the place. The title is enamoring, and I see wide and tall Titonias. You call out to a place that almost doesn't exist, it is too beautiful, too natural, as the makings of the modern and natural world collide, I fear every stanza that you discover a snake. It's gorgeous, a true artistic mean.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: (I also answered it on the post you commented on in case you didn't see it) It's called An Alley Anonymous, but A Second Home Mother Nature's Greatest Creation (part 2 is there too, but I recommend starting with the first one) is kind of like An Alley Anonymous but not in poem form everyone else pls check those and other pieces out too! :)

• Rose A

Re: thank you so much! :)
    At first, I was planning a different approach to it. But as I wrote, it kind of felt wrong. So, I had to change it up. I totally get what you mean. Titles (especially for things with so many descriptions and emotions tied to them) are hard.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

I have a field just like this (not a sunflower one) but a tucked away area like this as well that I haven't been out to in almost a year, but this reminded me of that, I wrote a piece on it hopefully you check it out :) and everyone else please check it out as well!

• The Coy-Fish

This is really good. I like how it highlights modernization and the impact it has on the eviroment. Does this also have reference to the fact with covid we are stuck in our homes and cannot experience the warm summer day we once had? :)

• Rose A

This is positively beautiful. The imagery is amazing. I almost feel like I'm there.
    I hope that field is still there too, it sounds wonderful!

• Johanna

Poems inspired from good memories are always beautiful. It's like I can see the field...

• Delia Rune

I love this poem-- the imagery is beautiful!

• Fabiana250

The last stanza is simply beautiful, I love this poem