Figwit

INFP-T
Middle-earth/Narnia/Prydain/Roshar
Artist
Astrophile
Wannabe polyglot

~Old friends fade away; Starlight at the break of day; Never forget them~

Sanderson, Tolkien, Nielson, Messenger, Rothfuss, Sullivan

Hey, y'all!
You should totally go check out madeline3.14159, my older sister!
Ars longa, vita brevis - poeta nascitur, non fit - in libris liberatis - carpe noctem - sapere audi - nemo est insula

I love reading, so if you have any book suggestions, let me know!
(My username is an acronym for a random unnamed elf in the LotR films... Just thought I'd explain it since I'm pretty sure no one will get it XD)

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." Brandon Sanderson

"I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are evil" J. R. R. Tolkien (Gandalf)

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory" Dr. Seuss

"Poetry begins with a lump in the throat." Robert Frost

The Footprints Left Behind

6
What are we put footprints in the sand, trailing behind us until the shifting wind wipes the traces of our existence away?

The sum of our worth is measured in moments. Each person marked by the heat of our brilliance. We shine fierce in our kindness but brief in our zenith. 

What is remembered but the traces of love? Reflections prolonged by the angels above. An echo of the life we trod. 

There is darkness behind the light that we shined. Memories tarnished and rusted by time. No one observes the footprints left behind. 

• laceybug

good job on this piece!
    reply: I've heard of Tolkien and Sanderson but i've never read any of there books. I probably will since you think there good (we seem to have very similar taste in books lol) And i've wanted to read Keepers of the lost Cities for a while but can't find them anywhere :/

• Zinnia123

Lovely poem. I particularity loved " Reflections prolonged by the angels above" I am not religious, but I can still appreciate the ingenuity of the image. It's subtle and complex and it makes me think!

Also, I am an wanna-be polyglot as well! If you find any resources for learning Elvish please share them with me!

• SamRose

This is so amazing. You are such a talented writer! Wow. :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow. This is.... just wow. You are sooo talented!
    Re: :)