Nikki

feminist
fantasy freak
would marry Inej Ghafa any day
yes, i cant ever my eyeliner to be straight <3
writes, because the other option is shutting down

Is this okay? did i rant too much? is the grammar fine? have i included everything a good book review has? does this sound like a book review?
please help me.

Keeper of the lost cities, a book you won't regret

“Sparkles make everything better. Well, except alicorn poop."
"I don't know. I think sparkly poop is way better than regular poop."
"That's because you've never fallen into a pile of it.”

-Sophie Foster

'Keeper of the lost cities' by Shannon Messenger, has to be one of the most beautiful series I have ever read. Daresay my favourite! But today I will only tell you about book one, because that is where it all started.
Book one is about Sophie Foster, a twelve-year-old prodigy, who has always has tried to hid herself. Hearing the thoughts of people all around her, was a bizarre quality, that made it very hard for her to feel normal. One day, her entire life is turned upside down, when she’s told she’s elf! She realizes that they are very little of what humans imagine them to be. But an elf with brown eyes, like her, is a shocking sight in that world. Soon, she finds herself living in their sparkling cities and learning more about them. When Sophie and her friends discover unsettling truths about their world, she gets to know that her existence had been kept a secret for a reason!
This book has kept me awake till two in the morning, just flipping through the pages as fast as I can. The plot extremely gripping; ending every chapter with a bang! The author has created a whole another world. Where everybody has special abilities, like telepaths who can read minds, vanishers who can turn invisible or empaths who can sense emotions. Their entire world reminds me how mundane ours is, only leaving me wanting more of the story.
Sophie also makes some adorable friends, like Keefe who always makes her laugh. Or Fitz, the teal eyed boy who understands her and shows her their world. Or Biana, the beautiful little sister of Fitz who loves wearing frills but is deadly during battles. Even Silveny, the winged alicorn who has sparkly poop!
‘She threw her arms around his shoulders, hugging him as tight as she could. Maybe if she never let go, she could hold the broken pieces together.’
-Shannon Messenger

One of the many reasons I enjoyed this book was by the very way Shannon messenger has written about Sophie. You can feel her every emotion, as if it were your own. When she gets kidnapped, you can feel the immense fear that courses through her body. Or the fluttering of her heart when the boy she likes gives her a gift. Or the desperateness when she hopes her mother is alive. These things helped me to make the book a part of me
It’s quite a story actually, how I found this book. So, about a month ago, I had begun feeling rather down. I knew a good book always helps my case. It was then that I reached out to a fellow writer and friend on this website for suggestions. The very fact that she was reading the series, made me realise that it would surely be a good one. It was on that day that I was introduced to the exciting world of Sophie Foster and it was love at first sight!
I think that this book is perfect for those who enjoy a good mix of fantasy and adventure. From betrayal to sacrifices, a lot of plot- turning events take place. Hence, I wouldn’t recommend it to those who want a peaceful book.
There are nine books in total, I am currently on the eighth one. So, a tip to all the beautiful people who want to read the series, don’t read the books out of order. They are all continuous and though finding them could be a problem, it was for me, reading them in order helps paint a better story.
This book made me happy, through its chaos. I hope you like it :)
Happy reading!

word count= 648

• Minvra

I'm late to the party XD. I honestly never bothered reading these things before, book reviews, but now I realize how much easier it is to find good books. I recommend A Throne of Glass if you haven't read that already. It's a series and a lot of fantasy and magic and yeah. Drama~

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hey, can you view the review on my page? It shows up for me on my main feed. Maybe you can read it there?

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: aw, you’re so welcome! :) you’re so sweet! I’m happy to help!
    You can’t see them? At all? It takes a little while for them to go through, sometimes a few days. They have to be approved by the admin. Maybe they just haven’t come through yet? But you’re more than welcome! And thank you for being so kind yourself! :)

Ahhh hiii!! I wrote sOoOoOO much more to my story! I would love it if you took a look!:D

my initial reaction: SEES TITLE AND SEES KOTLC AND CAN'T BREATHE FOR A SECOND... AHHHHH ONE OF MY FAVE SERIES EVER YES YES YES YES YES
    me after i've calmed down: can we fangirl?
    me trying to offer actual writing advice regardless of the topic: ok, here goes. for the competition, i would recommend keeping it a little more formal. on a blog or social media site, i would totally roll with this, but for a review that's ideal for, say, a big journal or well-known magazine, i would limit exclamation points and smiley faces (even though kotlc deserves that and more!). I adore the quote you chose, just saying. i wouldn't mind seeing another quote in here, either to prove a point or to end it with a inspirational yet haunting and impressionable way.
    i also suggest using the second person to describe your experiences: for example, in "This book has kept me awake till two in the morning, just flipping through the pages as fast as I can," you could replace it with "This book will keep you awake until two in the morning, just flipping through the pages as fast as you can." but idk exactly how a typical book review is worded in that respect, so maybe don't listen to me.
    side note: you say you're on legacy?! well, we shall have to discuss. especially when you finish and move to unlocked.
    did you hear that there's going to be a kotlc live action movie, released through disney and directed by ben affleck?! i'm nervous... but super excited. just crossing my fingers that they don't mess it up horribly. ofc, it's in the very early stages.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Hey! I am taking a little WtW rest but I will try to review this. I just need a couple days. But be warned I am not a good reviewer. But I will try and anything for a friend.

Re- Aw thank you that literally makes my day!:D They are SOOO cute!!
    I'll do another one but just for info it says "submitted" on mine and it has to say "shared" for you to see it so maybe the admins of here are looking over it!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

I’m on book 5, Lodestar, currently!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: hi! I just submitted a review! Hope you get it soon! I love this piece!
    And thank you about the cognate thing too! :D

I just finished your review like 20 mins ago and I really hope it's helpful!!

ALSO I wrote more to my story! Ugh i might be getting so annoying but thank you for your support!

Re- Yes I will for sure review your piece for you! BUT it might take me some time because of school.
    Aw thank you so much! Yeah I'm not really that confident in the way Maya looks (It took me a lot of time to find that and I'm still not sure it's perfect)
    Have a wonderful day! :D