mooncake

Hi everyone! My name is Catherine, I'm a 15-year-old high school sophomore, and I like bubble tea and reading+writing during rainy evenings. Feel free to reach out to me anytime <3

(she/her/hers)

Twinkling Nostalgia

Against the cyclorama of a misty opaque haze, winking glitter is attached with dabs of glue. Despite their dazzling performances in the nightly pageants, I always thought they were merely evanescent. However, one murky night, I climbed out of my mom’s car after a long day of lessons to find one contestant shining above the muted rest. Twinkling Nostalgia winked at me with no falter in its sparkle, and each time I’d find it a tad brighter than the day before. When I look out the window years later on my worst days, it’s a subtle reminder that the darker the outlook, the brighter you can shine.

• The Inky Writer

This is a beautiful piece of writing!

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow, so beautiful and unique! Love the word usage!

• happygiggles

This is stunning! The first line of this drew me in immediately! I love this!!

Wow this is so gorgeous! Some might found the long words overwhelming, but for some reason it helped add some depth to this piece. Wonderful job!

This is so beautiful! "Despite their dazzling performances in the nightly pageants," wow!