Zinniav

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

she/ her | Bi | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

Listening to: Bell and Sebastian, Kings of Convenience, Jose Gonzales, Simon and Garfunkel, The Gentle Good

Reading: Albert Camus, Italo Calino, Robert Kaplan, Annie Dillard, Garcia Lorca, Hafiz, Ocean Vuong , Patrick Rothfuss

Watching: Derry Girls, Madam Secretary, The Durells in Corfu, Shitt's Creek

If you would like a review, just ask!

I am always looking for good new books to read. Suggestions are welcome!

I have been re-publishing pieces quite a lot recently and I was wondering if anyone finds that annoying? Because I can stop.

Please, please, feel free to start up a conversation or debate in the comment section of any of my pieces. There is nothing I like more than intellectual discussion.

Liturgy of Cut Forsythia

11
We dissect our tangerine-skin to it’s etymological etching, 
peeling until we are beautiful and expansive,
like a flowering tree that doesn’t know how to keep itself warm, 
fingernails releasing essential oils from corpse-memory.  

Under spring’s uncompromising light each leaf is exhaustingly complex. 
So cut your forsythia, save your gold for cloudy days. 
Remember God made us ugly and abstract so we could domesticate fire. 

• January 17, 2021 - 11:25am (Now Viewing)

• Figwit

Ooh, I really like this! It's definitely thought-provoking.
    Re: Thanks! I have a website that I think is really useful for learning Elvish. Here's the link: https://www.councilofelrond.com/reading/

• Liu Zirong

re: thank you so much :3

• ~The Rain Glows Too~

I wrote you a poemy-prosey thing based on this piece. Unfortunately it’s not as succinct

• Hazen

um. Ok that was weird. I don't know what i did but it commented twice. Oops. sorry.

• Hazen

Holy cow this is powerful!! And the imagery, true artistry is evident here. I love how you make me think about how we change ourselves (perhaps for others?) and how that can be hurtful. Or at least it reads like it's hurtful, beautiful and painful at the same time. Much talent expressed in this!
    re: Thanks! I'll look into that poet (a little).

• Hazen

• R.j.Elsewhere

God this was beyond perfect. The first line stole my breath!

• ~The Rain Glows Too~

Goodness! I was caught off guard by how much I would love this!!! Review on the way :D the more I read of yours, the more I like your writing and honestly, I adore your whole profile. I especially align with, “I don’t necessarily agree with my own assertions.” Hope you’re day is wonderful!

• Cosmogyral

"Remember God made us ugly and abstract so we could domesticate fire. ", such an impressing ending. But you're not made to impress others. You're made to leave an impression.