PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

i never really learned with words should be capitalized in a title and which shouldn’t be.

Ode to The Girl Who Stole The Moon from The Sky

13

you’re damned for being an evil thing and lauded for being a brave thing. you’ve got pearlescent teeth, weeping eyes, a mouth fit for a statue’s kiss and your wrists haven’t seen the light of day in years.

it is the morning of the fall of the moon, and when you climb out into the world for the first time in a century, you hiss, because she is too heavy in the sky and her light has kissed the paleness of your wrists. suddenly your veins are burnt with silver, your blood gilded with metallics and there is a vision of a pantheon before your eyes.

the pantheon is empty, but i think you knew that. no band of gods would let the moon leave the sky. she’s too important for that, too beautiful for that.

but it would not be better for her to be stained with blood. desperately and blindly you believe this, so you pull a little more on the rope that’s wrapped around the swell of her, and hope that absent gods don’t turn around to collect the sinners. 

you’re very good at the whole not crying thing, when she crashes into the water. you’re very good at the whole not helping thing when she starts to drown. 

you’re very good at lots of things, but i think what you’re best at is the lying to yourself when you say “this is for the best.”
the job is done for now. won’t you come home? 

1

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i’m so glad you liked it! and i wasn’t sure about the footnotes, so i’m happy they worked. thank you!

• Wisp

That ending!!! It had my heart aching for the words, and gosh was it painful. Reading your words, they don't simply feel like just words, they feel like experiences and lives, they feel like worlds trapped inside the page. Your writing is simply magical, and the imagery in this is magnificent. I love this so so much.

• Rachaelgrace

actually I think I have read your work but I must not have followed you until now XD whoops!

• Rachaelgrace

this is absolutely gorgeous. i can’t believe that i haven’t discovered you until now but I’m glad I did! on to your other pieces :)

• Dmoral

"you’re very good at the whole not crying thing, when she crashes into the water. / you’re very good at the whole not helping thing when she starts to drown. "
    made me laugh and hurt at the same time and if this isn't me realizing my conflicting emotions than what even

"you’re very good at lots of things, but i think what you’re best at is the lying to yourself when you say “this is for the best.”"
    was not only one hell of an ending but it was always a breaking for the reader and i just need a second to normalize my breathing

as always, abstract imagery is entirely too becoming on you. beautiful work. and i adore the lines, "it is the morning of the fall of the moon, and when you climb out into the world for the first time in a century, you hiss, because she is too heavy in the sky and her light has kissed the paleness of your wrists" far more than i care too.