happy butterfly

South Africa

15
poet
pisces
swimmer
reader
swiftie
a shy people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
special wtw sister to anne blackwood
honey aunt to FantasyOtter12:)

i've spilt all my stars out for you

after giving you the best i had,tell me what to give after that - taylor swift

useless goodbye

11

it's my fault it's my fault it's my fault
when will i ever say that to you and mean it? a stranger's embrace was sweeter than yours.i can't fathom how we came to be,everything from you was insincere.so why did you come? i took self worth for granted and now i analyse myself more than others.i was blind because i expected you to care.i should've remembered that expectations are innocence but expectation rob our innocence.celestial thief in front of the sunrise.i finally have found the courage to say that you're not a saint.and now are the times that i wonder if love is weakness.now i am broken bones and shattered shine,left in a corner of your haunting past.i place my fingertips below my chin and try to lift it up. please.rise stronger but forgiving you in the making seems to crush my dry blood and question every answer.i will look at you one last time and show you that i am what you lost.(pretending it was a mistake).and then i'll go to ignoring you forever,living in the shadow of failure of something i do not know.
to be honest,i don't like this piece.suddenly,i've been really insecure about my writing.but i think if i didn't publish,it would make it worse.

• January 12, 2021 - 8:04am (Now Viewing)

• Busssy.Beee

re: aw, that's so so fortunate!! hopefully you will be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy life!!

• Busssy.Beee

re: xD tbh tho, i normally sleep really late so oh well. woah, you don't have school tm? that's so so nice! like is it some holiday, or just every friday=no school? no matter what though, that would definitely give you a breather, so that's a thumbs up lol

• Busssy.Beee

re: yayayay!! but, do you like vi more or roy more though for a shorter verson?
    also, is it late at night for you in south africa? i just checked and apparently it's 9:01 pm, but I don't know what time zone it is so :// time zones are weird xP

• anemoia by a thread

re to an older comment that i forgot to: YOU PLAY UKULELE?! cool! yeah i pretty much have champagne problems down *sort of* but i struggle without my chord sheet. i also kind of jumped straight into a song without learning much of the basics, so i sort of played it by ear (literally) and didn't bother with a down-up pattern. i just do four downstrokes (is that the word?) per chord, but i'm still figuring it out for all too well. all too well has all the same chords, some of them in the same order, but i've been experimenting with how many strums/chord. two wasn't bad tho.

• Dmoral

ALWAYS publish your pieces, personally i rather publish and regret it then end up taking it down later than never knowing the feedback you could've gotten from others.

but as always, do what makes you happy.

and the line " a stranger's embrace was sweeter than yours." was heartbreaking and beautiful i adore it, definitely my favorite in this prose of yours

• rwong

this is a masterpiece, and that makes you a master. it's so full of heartwrenching emotion and simultaneously so beautiful. "when will i ever say that to you and mean it? a stranger's embrace was sweeter than yours." i mean like...wow. i'm really sorry that you're feeling this way but just...know that you're an amazing writer, and that i truly look up to you?? sending hugs (on an express flight to arrive in 3 minutes) <3 <3 <3

• anemoia by a thread

re: ahh yes taylor is a genius... even before folklore and evermore, she had some purely brilliant lines: "time won't fly, it's like i'm paralyzed by it / i'd like to be my old self again, but i'm still trying to find it" and "baby, i could build a castle / out of all the bricks they threw at me" and "all my flowers grew back as thorns" and "get me with those green eyes, baby, as the lights go down / give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around"
    so many iconic and poetic lines!

• Busssy.Beee

oh happy butterfly, would you let me borrow your words? because authoress, you are more than talented, you are a pure master. When you left that comment on my piece, a piece of which I was very insecure about, you taught me about self-confidence. You told me not to downgrade myself, and so I listened, and now I've learned my lesson. So, would you let me borrow your words? Would you still listen if I told you not to downgrade yourself?
    heh, sorry for the weird pep talk. I hope I was able to return the favor. Lots of love!! <333

Re: Aw, thanks b :D

oh jeez.. :o"i was blind because i expected you to care.i should've remembered that expectations are innocence but expectation rob our innocence." that is... so true... crazy incredible

• Just_A_Memory

"i finally have found the courage to say that you're not a saint."

I know others have said it, but it's stunning. I'm sorry you're feeling insecure about your writing, but you're phenomenal at what you do! <3

Oh bb... This is so agonizingly gorgeous and powerful... Praying for you. <3 <3 <3

"i finally have found the courage to say that you're not a saint"

oh hon, this is so heartbreaking and beautiful. wow. and the footnotes... prayers your way <3 your work is absolutely gorgeous, and you're one of the best poet/author/writers i know :) i love you, dear. <3 <3 <3

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

b, don't sell yourself short. this is great piece.

"when will i ever say that to you and mean it? a stranger's embrace was sweeter than yours."

so powerful, yet brief.