Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

the sound of rain

:)

divinity | #januarygifting

18
i met a lady, once, a lady in the sky,
she was draped with clouds; pearly pinks and whites
and her smile, her smile, her smile was the sun. 
she showed me the moon, how the moon loves to dance,
and she brought me to a pool and showed me the rain
before it even dreamed of falling.

she spoke in poetry, she spoke to me, and
she told me of the most magical things - 
the breeze tossing the fronds of the willow tree,
frost collecting on the lilac buds, the undersides of leaves,
dewdrops dancing along the gossamer strands of a spider's web.
she smiled, she smiled, she smiled down at me, 
and like air flowing through my lungs,
i felt sure that i was where i was meant to be.

we tiptoed, we leapt, we danced among the clouds,
she wrapped us in mist and the sunrise painted our cheeks.
her hair was dark, decorated with lilies, and her eyes were twinkling,
as bright as the moon. we traced the constellations, we
collected the stars in our skirts.
she laughed, she laughed, she laughed with a bubbling, musical laugh,
that showed more than her beauty -
her hands were gentle and her eyes were smiling, and
the love in her flowed like a stream.

i met a lady, i met a lady, i met divinity,
and she took my hand and led me
to where heaven began.
For you, Wisp :)

I know I've said it a few times now, but you are so special. I see you as an older sister, someone to look up to. Your writing is so beautiful, and you are so inspiring to me. Thank you, Wisp, for all of the encouragement you've given me, for the kind words and just always being there for me :) it means more than you know. And I know I'm not alone when I say it wouldn't be the same without you, here. You've helped me grow so much. So thank you!

Love you, dear, so so so much :)

#januarygifting

• Yellow Sweater

Re: thank you so much. That's the affect I hope my poetry has. I'm glad you could sort of, maybe feel the meaning:)

• xx carolina xx

re: the only thing i'm gonna say about mars is..
    serpents.
    that's the only clue i'm giving you.

• Quirky_Chaos

REPLY: thank you so much!!! I'm glad you like it

• Rose A(hiatus)

Wonderful as always! And I agree wholeheartedly with your footnotes. :)

replying:thank you!

• Wisp

Replying:
    1. Ahh, you're going to make me tear up right before class all over again. You're honestly such a sweetheart and you always fill my heart up with joy and compassion :,)
    2. What do I even say to that Paisley? Oh my gosh that was just so so sweet and honestly I just don't know what to say. You're just ahh so sweet beyond words and so darling beyond anything I could offer. And the following thing, hon, I'm just smiling beyond compare over here (Also, I feel like this whole comment is just me sobbing haha, you're just the absolute loveliest).
    Aww, lots of love dear, my constant, my dearest!

woah... the imagery here is astounding and i just can't quote a line because this whole poem is just so beautiful and emotional and wowowow i love this so much! and for dear wisp! wisp is so supportive of everyone and so so so kind. she is divinity! anyway, brilliant piece paisley.
    re: thanks! XD have a wonderful day! <3

re: ahhhh tt i'm seriously so touched and no, it's you that's so kind lol! and yeah, i knew wtw would spring back but i was seriously worried. i've said this before but it's really due to y'all who stuck around and just kept writing despite everyone leaving that helped bring this place back again. if i got more cheesy: you guys were the light in the darkness yknow? because of y'all... we're able to have trends and community events again. i can only say thank you for your kindness and perseverance.
    as is with you ;) best wishes as well!

• Quirky_Chaos

Hey!!! Just wanted to let you know that I just released the next part of the lennon and sophia series and i'd love you to read it!!!
    p.s I need ideas for the next part(s)!!!

• doodleninja

the fact that you wrote this piece speaking of someone else makes it all the more sweeter. gorgeous imagery as always!

(re: thanks so much!)

• crystalline•galaxies

this encapsulates the very essence of wisp so well, and i cannot get over it! this is such a gorgeous piece, and i will be rereading it again and again and again. wow.

"the breeze tossing the fronds of the willow tree,"
    ah, how beautiful. every time i read your writing, it reminds me of something i miss. i wish i could give a better description but it has such a lovely and youthful voice that makes it so impactful. and to that beautiful person as well, she deserves it so much and i owe so much to her and you as well. i look forward to our conversations in the comment sections so much, and you're really so so kind. really, i was concerned for wtw after "the great migration" (haha i probably sound like a sentimental weirdo right now) but after reading your writing and the others.... i can say that i'm so glad. wtw is really bustling right now. you always make my days with your joy and positivity, and i really am thankful more than you know. i'm back! woohoo! but really, it was thanks to y'all's encouragement and patience that i was able to get back onto my feet. ilysm <3

• Wisp

Also I was looking at your following page and I'M THE THIRD PERSON YOU FOLLOWED??? I'm sobbing. You're just too sweet and too wonderful and ahhh Paisley!!!

• Wisp

Replying: (Yes you deserve a part 2 comment) Reading your comments on my piece and then reading this, gosh I WILL start bawling again dear. I find it beyond comprehension that you've only been here since June because gosh does it feel like so much longer than that.
    You deserve all the things I've said about you and gosh do you deserve it a million times more. You are simply lovely, simply a beautiful presence and a wonderful friend. I adore you so much and I am so honored to be able to call you a friend. And just sending you so much love from this side of the screen. <3
    Sometimes I feel like love isn't a good enough word to explain how much you mean, sometimes I feel that it doesn't capture the feelings you've given me, all the smiles and virtual hugs and endearment. So dear, let me tell you that you are my constant. You are the star I'll find myself looking at every night and wishing upon. You are the constant that I find myself returning to. So thank you my dear, my constant (and of course I'll still call you my love too) for simply everything and so much more.

• Wisp

I think I'm going to cry????? OH MY GOSH PAISLEY!! This is just beyond words honestly, I think you stole them all dear ;))
    "and she brought me to a pool and showed me the rain
    before it even dreamed of falling."
    The fact that you made the connection of me with divinity, I'm just ahhh, I wish I was coherent right now. You're so so so sweet and meeting you has just made my days a million times better. You're such a darling of bubbly energy and I'll tell you a little secret, I almost decided to leave with the rest of the writers during the "migration," but it was writers like you that kept me here. And I do not in a million years regret staying, because being able to interact with you more, talk with you more, and just get to know you, has been one of the things that made my 2020 (and coming 2021) so much more better. You've been such a constant in my writing, a lovely presence leaving the sweetest things to say and kindest words to cherish. You are just glorious Paisley and being able to know you, gosh, what else can I possibly say?
    And this piece!! Ahh, I feel like I'm going to cry all over again. The picture you paint in it, the illustrations you show through it, the movement, the absolute whimsy of it all is just more than the words I have to offer can contain. My heart skipped a beat reading this, my eyes savored each word, and the most manic of grins creased upon my face. And that last stanza :''') I will take your hand time and time again and we will walk to where heaven begins darling.
    Absolutely glorious, you deserve the whole world Paisley dear.
    P.S. Don't worry you got my pronouns right ;) and don't apologize for not knowing, I don't actually tell people it haha

replying: thank you<3

Wow. This is so beautiful. This story is told in such a pure, lovely way. I'm so glad to know that it's about such an amazing person, too (and written by one, too).

• Yellow Sweater

This is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time. Absolutely lovely:)

woah this is gorgeous.the whole thing looks like a scene from a really artistic movie.and wisp torally deserves it.ah i love appreciation pieces<3

• rwong

oh wow i'm with paperback writer, this is so beautiful and i completely second her comment, but also second your piece!! wisp is, i mean, like, so awe inspiring and i look up to her so much, but never really put in into words. but still, this piece is like, a work of art.

• xx carolina xx

wow - omg, this is so heartfelt, wonderfully written and..just?? everything??
    i can't wait for Wisp to see this ;)