anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

4.11.21
feeling nostalgic about this piece because today marks four months with the precious boy i wrote about in here
also, i'm definitely getting first kiss vibes. as in, it might happen soon... ;)
will definitely write about it if/when it happens ;)
AHHH

of course i love you, but in what ways?

21
the greeks did language right
all those meanings for the "same" word

so of course there's agape 
which i try to display and be to everyone
both easy to dismiss as something universal 
but boundless, limitless, non-conveyable by flawed humans 
so it's hard to define if i love you in that way

obviously, pragma has not had time to develop 
we've been friends for almost two years, i'd guess
the past several months have drawn us ever closer
even so, pragma is deeper, longer, richer than what we've had

philia came first
this deep appreciation for you
admiration, even
being able to talk freely
to muse and understand
to discuss and debate
to say things i don't say to anyone else
(except maybe my mom, so look at the level of trust you're on)
to feel vulnerable with you
for once, i don't have to be the strong one—not that i mind sometimes, but
philia still reigns in our relationship

i hesitate to even mention eros
but as with any two people attracted to each other
there's some level of physicality to it
but your personality is what draws me to you
i know i could never fall for someone, truly, whom i thought extremely attractive—if that was all i thought 
all the same, i want you

but ludus is the second most prominent 
recently
and i find myself longing for you, your presence
your laugh and the way you think, when i hear the smile in your voice
every sweet word that sends me flying and giddy

i guess what i'm saying is...
of course i love you, but in what ways?
and i believe that love takes more forms and capacities and levels than even the greeks knew
we are only beginning this journey
but, oh my, am i excited to be undertaking it with you.

i want to say those three words in person.
and i will.
not only because you texted it first—although it prompted this torrent of words
but because i do, i really do
and like mxmtoon said, "but if I don't say it enough / will you still remember it?"
i don't want to go on without you knowing that i do
hearing it from my own lips
yes, in many ways, 
and in the way you meant it,
i love you.
i'll let y'all decipher this. mxmtoon's songs, like "used to you" and "my ted talk" were emotional inspiration.
i was reluctant to do this, but the anonymity of the internet can be useful. all the same... this was vulnerable. this is my heart, people.
based on true facts, events, experiences, and feelings. 

not all 8 types of love according to the greeks is mentioned here, because it didn't apply.
SOURCE: the site from which i obtained my definitions and ideas on these types of love can be found at https://lonerwolf.com/different-types-of-love/

MUSIC CITED
"used to you." mxmtoon. dawn & dusk, Kobalt Music Group, 2020.  

1

• Ava Marie

Re: Thanks so much!! I am giving credit to Pinterest for my profile picture and the quote

1 day ago
  • Rohan’s Defender

This. Is. Amazingggggg!!!! Wow! It’s so relatable; I’ve been kinda feeling this way too! Wow! I adore this piece!
    Re: awww, congrats!!!! So cool! And thank you! :) I hope you continue to enjoy every moment with him!! :)

This piece is so amazing!!

• Tushar Mandhan

This sounds like a theatre song.....and wow there are types of love?!!

Re: Thanks so much! ^u^

Re: <3

• Abigail Faith

Hi! :)
    Sorry it took me so long to get back. So we're titling the pieces The Bible Challenge_(your user name). And the goal is not to use the Bible to prove God is real. (However I did tell Anonymous_123 I may have to. :) So... Yeah! That's that! Let me know if you have any more questions!! <3

Oh, this is gorgeous! Reminds me of C. S. Lewis's work on the different kinds of love.
    Re: I don't think we really have any set way of doing titles?? I'm kinda doing my own thing at the same time with my Christianity apologetics series.

• Abigail Faith

WOW! This piece is amazing!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!! Lol, no pun intended!! XD

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

ummmmm
    b how did i not see this earlier, i -
    it's bootiful

• Abigail Faith

Re: tysm!! <3
    I know, it is hard to find the time to do it! It's definitely taking me awhile! :)
    Actually, yes!! I love the Bible Project!!!! I love how they lay it out, and it's so visual. (Cause I'm a severely visual learner!! Lol!) I should probably mention it in one of my pieces, I wonder if anyone else has heard of it... Anyways, thanks so much!! If you do write a piece, I can't wait to read it!! :) <3

replying: oh that's super cool! yeah i'm practically messing around the whole time.i just do it for fun.i've been playing champagne problems with down strums because i'm still SUCH A BEGINNER.oh that's cool that you can play all too well,that's a good idea,i love that song let me know which strumming pattern works best!

• Ahsan Nizaam

Re; What makes me guilty is the intention behind the deed. If I was aiming for cleanliness I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I always believe that actions fuelled by anger or sorrow will only be the cause of doom even when the action is so trivial.

replying:YES I TOTALLY AGREE her lyrics were so beautiful and poetic from the start!

1. This concept is perfect. Such a great idea to integrate different types of love into a piece of writing.
    2. You executed this quite well, leading us on and tying the concepts to a person; to a story.
    3. Do you wanna talk (maybe on some obscure pieces)? Because if you need to rant about feelings to an internet stranger, I'm down to listen.

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

B E E P
    B E E P
    ch.6 is out:

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

ch. 5 is out:

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

re: its one of picasso's paintings from his blue period
    re re: dw! it was a really interesting piece of dialogue.
    re re re: thank you for your kind comments on my newest series - it's like, the first original thing i've created in months, lmaooo

oh and i forgot to say that "forever is the sweetest con" is like one of my favourite lines ever written

• Ahsan Nizaam

Best of luck in finding happiness and satisfaction in your love. It will be an epic experience ;)

ahhh just saw that your profile has "i come back stronger than a 90s trend" yessss swifties uniteee

replying: haha thank you.yeah i love taylor and all her music,cowboy like me is one of my favourites.and the line before that i wrote myself,for one of my poems lol so thank youuuu<3

• zebrastripes

Aww congrats on love. I thought this was a beautiful piece. I liked how you outlined this “almost poem” with the different Greek loves/words. Also I really liked how you incorporated a mxmtoon song lyric (she’s such a great artist- Prom Dress is one of my favs). Good luck when you say those three words!

i will probably show him this at some point but not until i say it