Zinnia123

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

she/ her | Bi | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA |

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

I don't generally use a lot of imagery. But I tried to use more this time. The poem feels very cliche, but I'm posting it anyway because I am curious what you guys think.

The Sea Inside a Conch Shell

6
Evergreen bodies smell like car freshener, like condominiums decorated with seashells and radio-pop. Death is flattened into linoleum flooring. Pacing over the fake wood, our sacred right to decomposition is vacuumed away.  

On Sundays, after a breakfast of frozen waffles, the mega-churches are packed with ecstatic worshipers, praying for an afterlife full of golden syrup.

Can we capture life? Tame it with billboard advertisements proselytizing Triple-Cheese-Pizza and Vegan-Meats? Filter out the pain with syrupy promises. I dare you to find a empty parking lot and spray paint your desires on the cement. I dare you to grow your body until it no longer fits inside your well tended lot, until the traffic squeezes a desperate song from your lungs. 

• January 12, 2021 - 11:30am (Now Viewing)

• Caleb Urlacher

re: it wasn't offending lol no christian would find that offensive

• Caleb Urlacher

also dang why do you have to go after me lol i always ate waffles before church

i have not had church or waffles in a while though

• Caleb Urlacher

i have no idea what this means lol but it's absolutely stunning. "Death is flattened into linoleum flooring. Pacing over the fake wood, our sacred right to decomposition is vacuumed away." is really good