Ibex

as in Presbyterian Church in America
Female
Writer
Novelist
Poet!
Reader
Ambivert or something
Band nerd + Drum Major
Planet Earth nerd
etc, etc
Joined September 10, 2019

hello. it's been a while, but i'm back.

who am i? (read footnotes)

11
“Can you send forth lightnings, that they may go,
and say to you, ‘Here we are’?”
--Job 38:35

your poetry is better than mine
your words float across the pages in columns of ink drawn into letters spun into elaborate pillars, you formed language just as your hands carved the earth from the void and hemmed in the oceans so they might not swallow the mountains
what is man when compared with the beauty of the stars, man who fell in eden at the words of the serpent, man whose wages are death
who am i to matter in the eyes of the Most High i who has never done anything worth celebrating i who has fallen as all men have
i marvel first at your works and then at your words, i ask who am i to have received such gifts to have been chosen before the beginning of the world
what kind of king leaves his throne for the rebel
what a God
and what a Savior
i read job chapters 38-39 today because i stumbled across a verse about an ostrich and was intrigued. i'm quite glad i did. for some more understanding about some of the references in my poem, i would recommend reading the chapters yourself.
chapters 38 and 39 mainly focus on God's work at creation. the passage shows his incomparable majesty in a way that i've never seen before. when faced with this, i had to definitely take a step back and ask myself why a God this powerful and this wonderful would die for sinners. that, in of itself, is a marvel.

i might take this and make it part of a series called "marvelings". i'm not sure yet.

1

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

I love this! What an awesome piece :) Also I'm looking up the song now :)

Yesss this is so cool!! I love that first line--so true. This pairs so well with those chapters.

• SittingByTheSea

This is amazing. I love this. Great job!!!

• in_love_with_writing [on hiatus]

this is so beautiful. loved every word.

• anonymous_123

re: YES!! I apoligize this is such short notice! I literally created this a day ago lol! Anyway, if you read my footnotes in the piece I wrote called the bible challenge you will see all the information! Any further questions, comment below! <3

• Abigail Faith

This is amazing!! I Love it!!
    Btw, Idk if you're interested or if you already knew about it, but anonymous_123 and I are doing a series together based on proving Christ's existence! We were hoping we could get some more Christians in on it, so if you want to, here's a link where she talks about it more in the comments! :) Have a nice day!! <3