Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
lesbian & genderfluid | christian

full of wonder

yes, this is for you. you know who you are.

Fairytale Memories

17

I heard our song today,
    and it brought back feelings that
        I’ve avoided for far too long.

Don’t worry, I’ve moved on - but
    there’s something about music that
        captures a moment you’ve longed
            to forget. You know, dear, how

it brings to mind happy memories of
    you and I, under the autumn sky, where
        dreams were but a cloud out of sight,
            and the future was far too bright
                to linger on for long.

How we’d quote the lines, hearts and minds unified, 
    the exhilaration I was filled with? I think it was
        beautiful. I won’t pretend otherwise.

I don’t regret a single thing, dear, but
    sometimes I miss those wonderful hours
        we spent; I look back on them fondly.
            And i hope you do, 

too.

1

• ANSON REYNOLDS

aw, man this is beautiful.
    "How we’d quote the lines, hearts and minds unified,
    beautiful. I won’t pretend otherwise."
    also, JSFHIBCSINWIUXNASJI X I'm So GLAD you're joining the fan club :)))))))

• bunnybeige

ch. 5 is out:

• Abigail Faith

Hi! Just had to say I lovvveee your profile pic!! It's so pretty! I noticed it yesterday but forgot to say anything! :)

• bunnybeige

re: aw, that's so cute.

so, i ached for you and loved it

captures all the nuances of being young but not a child anymore and the wonderfully terrible torrent of emotions that come with it

• bunnybeige

re: i-uh, thanks.
    if you don't mind me asking, what do you like about Minnie?

• bunnybeige

hhhh?
    paisley??
    this is so..amazing??
    i swear ur always improving.

Pssst. Ch, 4 is out.

• ~wildflower~

Re: I spent three nights away in the city last week, and that was really great! We (my mum, dad, and older brother) were staying just down from the botanic gardens, (because, of course, I always need a few trees and a bit of grass around me) and they were beautiful! I also got to go to an art gallery and this amazing pancake shop that’s inside this giant, previously abandoned church and is open 24 hours!!! Unfortunately, it turned out there was a case of the new coronavirus strain in the city when we were visiting so since arriving home we’ve had to go into lockdown for three days :( but it’s ok. Other than that, I’ve just been spending a lot of time with family. We got to see my Aunty, who lives in Melbourne and endured the longest lockdown in the world, again over Christmas, which was wonderful!
    Lately my passion for the environment has been burning pretty strong so I’ve been doing a few things to do with climate change over my break too.
    Whoa, I just scrolled up and realised I just rambled out a solid 200 word comment! Oops.... Well done for making it to the end of this marathon of sentences!

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Re: Aw, thank you!

• Abigail Faith

Re: Hi! :) Yeah, I thought about incorporating the boys side of it in my piece too, however I didn't know how to write this towards boys specifically... I don't exactly know what it's like for them. I do know a few boys who struggle with things like this tho, so thanks for pointing that out! :) :)

• Zinniav

Re: thank you for your comment. I have a tendency towards self-deprecation when I feel insecure about something. I published a new version without the footnote:)

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Re: *Raises glass and winks* Cheers!

• V-Rose

Hey! I have a new chapter for Flying on Broken Wings!

• ~wildflower~

Re: wow, thank you so much for your comment! Your descriptions are so wonderful that, for a minute, I almost felt like I was there with you, in the snow and autumn leaves!! Every time I’m feeling hot and sweaty and wishing that I could be somewhere else, in the crispness of a real autumn or winter, I’m going to reread that comment. And don’t apologise for the long comment!! It was an absolute pleasure to read (and read again, and then one more time XD).
    Where I used to live, we didn’t have any snow but we did get frost, and that really was a magical thing. I loved the sound of it crunching underfoot and the look of it when it coated the leaves. The idea of coming home from the snowy air to a warm home is so comforting (especially if there’s a fireplace - I’m sort of minority obsessed with fireplaces), but my only definite, 100% requirement so far for wherever I live when I’m older is that it has deciduous trees and a proper autumn.
    It’s so lovely to chat with you again too!!! Hope you’re doing well too and that your schoolwork’s not too stressful or tedious!

• psithurism #words [Sunnydew]

Oh Ell darling, I'm so sorry. This piece truly is breathtaking and ugh! I don't know what to say! Your work always leaves me speechless! ilysm my sister! <3

• beth r.

i love this so much. like abby.a said, super relatable. i adore music
    re: aw thanks!

• Cosmogyral

re: neither, really, it's a finale, to a battle of the most daunting.

• abby.a

this is so beautiful and relatable. i can just.... *sigh* i feel this deep in me heart. music truly is the way to the deepest parts of our souls.

• wallflower

Re: Thank you so much for the sweet comment it means so much. <3 I am so happy that you are recovering, and no matter how "bad" it may have been it means something and I'm happy for you.

Re: Bb it's okay I know you meant well! I'm not offended at all. I only wrote that message so you'd all know more about the subject bc it's such a weird thing. Please don't feel guilty.

• Jj101

Beautiful <3
    Re:Thank you for your comment and kind words! I'm glad you stopped. Mine is also one of the main reasons I did too. Wishing for your health and happiness<3

• Caleb Urlacher

And I liked the band. Not something I'd listen to too regularly but I see why you like it for writing. I'll have to try that sometime. And introduce them to my friend, they would like them a lot lol

• Caleb Urlacher

Got accepted into the ice lolly magazine--the only one I've tried so far since I thought it looked cool.

• katnissromanoff

This is truly wonderful. The beauty and rhythm of this piece is so stunning! :)

Aw, Ell. *soaks in the horrible beauty of this piece* *hugs you for a long, long time*

• wallflower

This is such a beautiful piece and it relates to my life a little too much at the moment.

• Caleb Urlacher

will check the songs out

• Caleb Urlacher

what's a good into to these guys lol. i already see some covers i like tho. chasing cars is pretty much perfect

• Caleb Urlacher

re: i'll definitely check them out and tell you what I think.
    For King krule his songs Ocean Bed and Out Getting Ribs are kinda the intro to him imo
    and for alt-j their song taro is a good primer. people either love or hate them because of the voice lol

• Caleb Urlacher

king krule is a vibe though
    and alt-j gets annoying sometimes but i still listen because the lyrics are brilliant

• Caleb Urlacher

re: never had a song like that before. must be nice tho lol

heck yeah on indie pop. I'll listen to anything really. Right now I've been liking more poetic artists like King Krule and alt-j. Sometimes for the sounds but mainly for the inspiration.

• Caleb Urlacher

re: aw this is really good :) music does that to me sometimes too. it's weird it can remind me of smells and times. never people though.

what music do you listen to?

• ReaganGrace

this is so beautiful!!!!!