Emi

Child of God
American
Patriot
Diecisiete
Ravenclaw
Rider of the Rohirrim
Narnian
Prydain
District 12
Chef
Gardener
Writer
Artist
Seamstress
Homeschooler
Romantic
Nerd
Archer
Rifler

"And even when you think you're finished, it's not over yet," for KING & COUNTRY, "It's not Over yet"
"All of my dirt, all of my shame drowned in the streams that've made me born again," Jordan Feliz, "The River."
"Scars come with livin,' you are not alone," TobyMac, "Scars (Come With Livin')"
"I might bend but I won't break, I'll fight the elements," TobyMac "The Elements."
"Stand tall but above it all, fix my eyes on You," for KING & COUNTRY, "Fix My Eyes"
"Run wild, live free, love strong, you and me," for KING & COUNTRY "Run Wild."
"One by one we will call for a ceasefire...one by one, reaching out to our enemies" for KING & COUNTRY, "Ceasefire."
Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce

January Basket of Pieces SEE FOOTNOTES I NEED ADVICE

Write a poem using the sentence “It was as soft as silk, but as hard as stone.” (by Rohan’s Defender)

It was as soft as silk, but as hard as stone
A heart is tender yet harsh as a mountain
It begins as a soft childlike innocence
Yet so quickly turns to granite with the first love lost.

Write something inspired by a favorite painting. (by Cranevarnish)

Those fields
Remind me of home
The beautiful farmland
Going on and on
Never ceasing
Always thriving
Never to be taken from me
The little purple and blue flowers
Wild as anything
Home

Inspired by Poppy Fields near Argenteuill by Claude Monet.

What is your favourite pastime during Covid? Why? (by Writing4Life)

Definitely exploring the woods. I recently got up the guts to go over our "cliff" (really, it's like three feet down) and into the hollow where the woods are. It's fun to sneak out and just explore all by myself, where nobody can see me and I can be alone and watch the interesting things that are going on down there, like squirrels scampering around and deer eating. I want to take my friends down there sometime, but right now it's nice having a secret place for myself.

What’s your personal definition for the word hope? (by poems4all)
Hope: something you have when you know it will all work out in the end, that Someone is in control.

Write a poem inspired by the color of the walls in your room (by Ash~)

Blue like the sea
Silver like the foam
Or azure like the shores of my sweet Puerto Rico
And grey like your eyes, love
Cerulean like my favorite crayon color, when I was an innocent child
And stony like the ancient structures in the woods, remnants of settlers
ok, so WtW admins took this down for some reason and said I was plagiarizing???? I am very confused, because we're supposed to reply to these wonderful users' prompts and I don't see how I could be plagiarizing cause it was my own writing (besides the quote from Rohan's Defender, and that was SUPPOSED to be used in the poem???? I mean, like, what did I do wrong? All my poems are my own, and I don't know who would have thought I was taking from someone else's work. Like they said this was "not original crafted writing, but a compilation of others' pieces..."
What the heck? This is all my original work that I've been writing over the past month and finally published last week. I don't plagiarize. 1. It's rude and unfair. 2. It's dishonest. Anyone have any clue what they mean? 

• xx carolina xx

(in response to your footnotes): that's really, really strange.

• U S E R N A M E S (W R IT I NG HIA T US)

Also, that is kind of strange. ( in response to footnotes.) I have no idea what they mean.

Whoa, these are beautiful!
    RE: Thank you for all the lovely feedback! :D

re: ok, i feel flattered that you've been going through some of my old works! i can't quite remember all the comments, but thank you! ha, i'd love to go to australia in the winter.
    i super appreciate your comments!

• Livsnjutare

re: I think I am a bit more prepared for high school now. I'm going to choose my courses soon. Thanks for the heads up, I'll practice my studying!
    Yes, Newts deaths was so sad! But... I feel like I'm not as crazy about him as some other TMR fans are. I was still so sad, Newt was great!! My favorite character is Minho, I don't even know why! I haven't watched the movie yet, so I have yet to finalize my favorite character.
    Haha

• Livsnjutare

I have no idea what they would mean! I loved your writing especially the response to the first one!

That’s so unfair. Maybe they saw the “by Rohan’s Defender” and thought it meant the poem, not the prompt?

• Blue Jay

Strange, yeah maybe they made a mistake? That is unfair and dishonest. Nice work though, I especially love the poem about the color of the walls in your room. Thank you so much for the peer review, I definitely wasen't expecting it! I will repay the favor at some point (all of the pieces of yours that I have read so far are very good, I don't even know what suggestions I could make.)

What on earth?? This must've been a mistake on their part. Like maybe they meant to unpublish someone else's piece? Idk.