happy butterfly

South Africa

14
poet
pisces
swimmer
reader
a shy people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
turn it into art

i've spilt all my stars out for you

forever is the sweetest con
-taylor swift

confrontation,i wish

i want to let go

15

sparks flew and fell in the same moment because we knew we could never be
and i know i'm not the smartest girl in town
but i know everything about you
( yes darling you would be scared if you knew ) midnight doesn't hear your guilt and neither do you
would it be spiteful to tell you that you're one of the furthest things i've seen from being perfect
i encouraged your toxic ivy     thinking
it was love
and it crept around my faith like     a hot shiver
i've felt the breeze of your apologies and
i don't like it     like dead water
do you feel it do you feel it?
am i just a lifeless and loveless skeleton programmed to wait until you find goodness darling i can't live past the end of the world and
i can't kill the hunter but
i can't be killed
before i find someone else to love
oh sad opera sung from summer lakes but you still don't live with regret?
i'll ruin your swim today and tell you
people besides yourself have feelings worth the care of angels
i want to let go but i wish you were sorry
but could i let go if you were sorry?

1

• madeline3.14159

Re: tysm!! <3

• FromEden

I want to let go of someone, too. Excellent writing! Love it to pieces. :)

• Cosmogyral

When letting go, never turn back to look at that person. Move forward, and remind yourself that you are as whole as you are alive.

• happygiggles

This piece is so sad, yet so gorgeous. The title is what drew me in, it's captivating! Trying to let go of something without getting closure is hard, but it's possible to do it. Take all the time you need, it's one of the best healers! <3
    * sending a very long virtual hug *

Re: Bb it's okay I know you meant well! I'm not offended at all. I only wrote that message so you'd all know more about the subject bc it's such a weird thing. Please don't feel guilty.

• books4life

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!! i----i-----am speechless! incoherent words are the only ones flittering around my brain but I'll try to make sense of myself. "i can't kill the hunter but i can't be killed" hit me in the depths of my inner soul. this piece is heartbreakingly stunning and powerful with every phrase. :)

• mindfruit

hey anisa! ooh wow interesting piece! one thing I really admire about your poetry is how distinctly YOU it is..."like dead water", "a hot shiver" "encouraged your toxic ivy" "I'll ruin your swim today" it's just so unique and exciting!
    Re: thanks for checking in on me! I think my writer's block is doing pretty well...lol this is the first time I've published two pieces in a single week since the writing streak. I think what's really helping is realizing that (at least in my opinion) writing is something that just kind of comes to you, and that you shouldn't try to force it if it makes you uncomfortable. because then you just stress out more, and you become unhappy with what you write. I think just being in that mindset allows me to relax a little more, which ironically gets me to write more than before lol. don't know if that made sense, but yeah. and yeah, I was just really busy those two days, though I'm doing all right now. just have been working on organizing all the chaos in my life lol. and don't worry, I didn't take it that way. it really means a lot that you checked in on me :)
    oh, and thank you about my ketek! ~hugs back~
    and thank you so much about your comment, it made my day :) I actually wanted to say for januarygifting that I really appreciate all your kindness and support on a daily basis. I remember you welcomed me via comment when I first joined wtw. I was pretty new to the site and extremely self-concious about my work, so that comment was a huge moment for me. what you've done for me and a lot of other writers is amazing, and your poetry is just makes me speechless. and you're so humble about your talent too. thank you so so much for your support and your advice :)
    oh, and thank you about the pomegranate poem! glad you liked it

Re: Thank you. <3

Re: Well, thinks kinda aren't hehe. Just feeling a little frustrated today. Wishing things could go back to normal.
    I don't do it almost ever because I already have a billion bookmarks of other things but sometimes I can't help myself. Some pieces are just so good that I can't lose them.

Re: You're welcome!!!!! I wish there was a way on the site to save/bookmark pieces but I just bookmark them on my actual laptop.

I just bookmarked this piece sorry for spamming you hehe

AND THE FOOTNOTES OUCH THAT'S PAINFUL AND HEALING AND OOOOOOH

"sparks flew and fell in the same moment because we knew we could never be"
    Ooh that burns it's frigid.
    "i encouraged your toxic ivy"
    I can taste that line idk how to describe that but it's like drinking water that was one second away from freezing and one yesterday away from souring...
    "and it crept around my faith like a hot shiver"
    That translates so potently wow
    "i'll ruin your swim today"
    At face value that's simple but who would take that at face value? It's masterfully sharp and fresh and ancient?

*wheezes*

WHAT

• Busssy.Beee

oh, poet, your footnotes are so thought-provoking. But, gosh, this whole poem is so perfect and thought-provoking as well. Here are just a few things:
    "midnight doesn't hear your guilt and neither do you" wow, this line. perfect introduction to the idea of arrogance. And then the slip of personification fits in so well.
    "i encouraged your toxic ivy thinking; it was love" these two lines . . . I really can't say much. The connection between the ivy and love work together like salt and pepper. astonishing.
    "i can't kill the hunter but; i can't be killed" personally, these two lines were one of the strongest statements in this poem. the contrast, the tone, the voice, so well-written. definitely something that stood out.
    this has definitely been one of my favorite poetry reads today. and so, thank you for writing this stunning piece, authoress.

re: time management and I aren't really good friends either, we sorta have a frenemy type of thing going on, you know? so, i totally get you, and I'm also done with the piece! i've been stuck for a very long time, so sorry for that :\ and you do deserve it!! <3 <3

"and / i can't kill the hunter but / i can't be killed"
    "oh sad opera sung from summer lakes but you still don't live with regret?"

wow this is stunning... beautiful, beautiful poem. and the footnotes... wow.