almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm a slytherin, infp-t, christian, and generally insane. joined 3.30.2018.

~ will do reviews on request ~

currently hoping i don't lose anyone else.

you have no idea how much your feedback matters to me<3
review for review is on the table, and I am happy to give feedback on something if you want or need.

don't give people too much mystery, or they won't get out of your head

7
she's desperate. this time it's clear, she's so hopelessly hoping that the stars align just right that this time, this time, is right. it's been forever since she swore off romance, and now she cannot wait for destiny. still, she's too scared to mess it up again, so sit back and imagine, slowly let excitement wear off for other priorities. oh, how she wishes that it was different, that it was easier. would i take the easy way out?

one hundred thousand different universes live in her head. ideas of a future with anyone who's caught her eye. it doesn't have to be romantic. she's sometimes wanted to be friends with someone so bad it hurt. always wanting to know people. if she could, she'd know the lives of all of her peers because every person has a story, and it's almost better than reading fantasies. 

she wants to know what the boy sitting diagonal from her, his first time in class, thought about her when he first walked in. if her help was annoying or not. when did he get that watch? it looks important. 

she wonders whether the girl with such a cool style hates her, hates everyone, or just hates this class. does she listen to that song by ricky montgomery? she saw the cover of the album over the girl's shoulder. 

she thinks about what that guy might look like, the one who hasn't come back to school in person, the one who had his friend email her in the summer to ask for her phone number for him. she wonders if he likes her. she wonders if she wants him to like her. she wonders if she'll fall back out of love like last time.
annnnnd we're back to romance. can you tell i'm a little infatuated with the subject? here's another piece that's, uhh, pretty much nonfiction actually. i think i'm going to work on the second part of "honestly, i'm better when you're around," so cross your fingers that i'll actually sit down and write it. 

good luck on anything you've got coming up:D

• AstroWriter

I love this! I love the line "she'd know the lives of all of her peers because every person has a story, and it's almost better than reading fantasies. " Beautiful!

Oh, man. Agonizing. In a bittersweet, aching way.

Re: Thank you! Yay, that's exactly what I was going for.

• amaryllis

"she's sometimes wanted to be friends with someone so bad it hurt"

What on earth. Did you just poke around inside my brain? I won't be too cross, because this is beautiful and so, so relatable. I particularly liked the lack of capitalization and the effect it had on the whole experience-- fantastic stylistic choice.

reply: no, unfortunately my real name isn't amaryllis :( I actually first found the name/word/flower when I was looking for a pretty A-name (I'm partial to the letter haha) and loved the meaning. I'd love to read any of your pieces with it though-- will go check out your published to see if I can find it rn

wow wow wow...this is beautiful and heartfelt. tbhim the same.when it comes to feelings, poetry (or writing in general) is the perfect outlet. i often find my subject centered around certain thing--technically certain someone if im being honest :) i love the way you incorporated "characters/details" by asking questions to yourself. it gives this such a real feel, as if we were sitting in class with you. really well written

Re: Oh haha I was wondering. I didn't expect anyone to take it literally I figured they'd either know or be confused.

Hey, no shame in writing romance! : ) I love this; I am embarrassingly a sucker for romance.
    Re: thank you! I'm glad God could work through me to encourage your faith.

Re: Wait are you a spoonie too?
    You're welcome. ^u^

Oh and that title! Yesss!

Woah, this is nonfiction? It felt so real but in such a remarkable, almost poetic way that I couldn't believe someone actually got to live it. I love this.

oh i love this so much! really paints a picture and i've always liked that idea about what's going on in other's lives and how they deal with it... a beautiful piece and cannot wait to read more of that romance story you started!
    re: what i wrote about was controversial. i'm glad you commented on the actual writing part, though, even if you don't agree. and no pressure to write back life is complicated and goes on and it's hard to find time to do stuff (wow so eloquent "stuff") ... i do enjoy talking to you and have missed you! whenever you're ready. hope your day is going well!
    <3<3<3