erin!

叶安灵 // 16, 2022 // she-her-hers
hey hey
eritiserint on prose.

hi! i just realized i have 100 friends now which is so so humbling and i'm incredibly grateful that that many people like my writing.
keep in touch, let me know if you need reviews, stop by to say hi.

to be vulnerable

15

softer centennial touch / in basked sunshine / temperate liquid / through my pores.
I fear my own mind, my outward graciousness and inward cowardice. It makes me weak.

if only planets align / may comets take pity / on my wrinkled hands / worn out frame.
I use antithesis as a means of protection. I wish I had a greater inventory of ideas.

my childhood was / the time-out corner / our frigid basement  / my guilt my shame my fear.
As a teenager now, my time-out corner sits lonely, for I never get a chance at the bench.

my childhood is / an april day’s playground / a mothers smooth skin / my father’s wit.
I miss my mom a lot, even when she’s down the hall. I wonder if dad sees us.

sometimes membranes glitter / we think ourselves divine / we forget all of past’s aches.
My senior year I’ll go to a party. I’ll sip sweet cherry wine.

• AJ - Izzy

this imagery... breathtaking. Gorgeous piece, I can't believe I just found you! Amazing amazing writing <3 <3

also, congrats on 100 :) i'm so happy for you, love! proud to be one of your friends, even if we don't get to chat much <3

this is beautiful <3 the title especially just gave me chills... it's probably just the state of mind i'm in rn, but in this i felt so much longing, so much... just so much emotion. idk. this is beautiful <3

• abby.a

i love this. it's so well written. this could just be me, but it almost gives me "cherry wine" by hozier vibes?? obviously partially because of the last line, but i reread the lyrics and the vibes are sort of similar (at least to me) so beautiful!

• bunnybeige

re: aw, dude you're literally the sweetest.

• Cosmogyral

The biggest flaw is to fear one's own mind

"if only planets align / may comets take pity"
    The contrast there is so softly striking... I really love this piece. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. :D

• doodleninja

the imagery in this is exquisite and the formatting even lends itself to this "resigned, distant, woebegone" vibe I get from this piece. wonderful writing! :)

oh erin this piece is so beautiful and soft.angel,congratulations,you deserve everything.your writing is beautiful and honest and raw and i aspire to write as well as you.so thank you.you're also such a bright presence here,we 're so lucky to have you!<3

• bunnybeige

hhhh-
    this - this is so beautiful. I wish i could write something half as good.
    congrats on 100!

• kealoha

wow, this is amazing. "I fear my own mind" that line is just...gorgeous