chrysanthemums&ink

sᴏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ
ᴏғ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢs
ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴅ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏғғ ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ
"ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛ"

above quote: goodbye semi-sparkling girl - hihumi

most if not all of my pieces have songs linked to them. give them a listen, you might like what you hear.

i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness.

to sorrow over

12

i. 1.7.21
it is imperative that we don't forget this
the black collared shirt under my hoodie
the silence of a grieving city far away
and a home nearby where one person weeps alone
someone that will never be reached again
sleeping off the aftertaste of finality 
dissipating into the sweet scent of the atmosphere
the grey sky is playing cruel tricks on me
and pretending to clear into blue
how tender, how sweet, how warm
how soft the hands that have been let go
it's true when they say only photographs are left
of days we can't go back to, of a time left on hold
i find myself wishing for something tangible to 
overcome, something to defeat 
but there is nothing but an empty cup and
a memory i can't recall enough to mourn
outside, it is so cold that it is hard to open my eyes
where all i can hear is the music
the dispersing of a soul that will eventually
meet us again through that gentle rain 
wash over us like the last goodbye
the only thing i can hold are my tears 
the ones that i am too weak to shed
too weak to admit into existence
instead, this sorrow will remain where 
no one can touch, where no one will see
where no one will comfort me 

ii. 1.9.21
let's say a prayer today
though i don't believe in such things
not yet at least
sometimes it feels like i am too forgetful
losing time, breeding guilt 
an ocean that separates and
a sky that divides
humans can swim but not fly
lamenting pitifully while the moon watches over us
living numbly while the sun steals our tears
now, it'd be right to clear my mind of wishes built on regret
to not stain the life that was lived
a soul that rests
a pot of white flowers on our door
the tear stained handprints on the floor
bow three times
say your apologies, pleas 
though i once thought i'd cry
now i can't even shed a tear 
the shirt i wore the day after
stained with water and deodorant
i won't wash it yet
not until they see you off
until they lay you down to repose
a river, a place of birth
it's not my right to mourn 
i can only clasp my hands emptily
and pray for the doves to fly high 

i. 떠나지 못해 - shinee
ii. lemon - 米津玄師

two poems under single title, written two days apart. 

• Eblinn

aaah i missed your poetry so much! this is such a calming piece, in a sorrowful way, if that makes sense. gorgeous.

1 day ago
  • kiranpark

re: yeah no i def agree. and yeah, i have the same problem... however, i was able to binge haikyuu in like 2 weeks. which was... nice ?? oh no way! i'll try that. thanks! and the extra aoba johsai ep.... dude i wanna cry. haikyuu does so well with developing characters fully. no words.

• Liu Zirong

"i won't wash it yet/not until they see you off/until they lay you down to repose/a river, a place of birth/it's not my right to mourn/i can only clasp my hands emptily/and pray for the doves to fly high"

Amazing!!!

oh angel,this is everything.i wonder when i will ever be able to write as divine as this.i've pinned your works on my walls and they're not leaving anytime soon

• kiranpark

re: no joke he is the best. i don't understand how some people don't like him ?????? ahhh yeah understandable- i stopped watching it for a bit to watch a diff show, but then i came back. and yeah, the new art style threw me off and i def prefer the old one? but they're quite similar, and i agree that s3+4 art is more similar to the art in the manga. man i wanna read the manga so badly but i have. no money. so. idk though i'll def try to get volumes when i can. AND AHHHH THANK YOU i will 100% watch that when i get out of class lmao.

• kiranpark

re: woah dude thank you so much :*) i think that with oikawa's character, he can definitely resonate so deeply with so many people because we've all felt this struggle of having this goal we're trying to reach but we keep getting like. thwarted. i as trying to capture all of these themes and feelings and i'm very very glad that you caught them? so oh my gosh basically thank you for that. and YES just realizing i forgot that that was his bad knee ?? and it makes me wanna rewrite that part ??
    i have read one volume of the manga only. i do really want to read more, but i'm definitely more of an anime watcher than manga reader. there are 4 seasons out now ! if you haven't watched them yet you should cause they're so. yeah. all of season 3 is just one match against shiratorizawa. which is interesting. and no ! i have not seen the extra episode !! do you know where i could find it? sorry for the long response lmao

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

you have a way of capturing attention and then admiration with your words. these poems feel almost singsongy. not a happy sort of song, but not sad either, sort of nostalgic and pensive.
    'where all i can hear is the music
    meet us again through that gentle rain
    wash over us like the last goodbye'
    it is all just too beautiful.

:O <3

• abby.a

wow. i love this so much. i could go on and on, so i'll try my best to keep this short. the way the poems flow so well even without many pauses or breaks in the writing is just fantastic. it really shows a way with words, and are very talented at finding the right order in which to put them.
    for me personally, the second poem is what called to me most. i was instantly drawn in by the first few lines,
    "let's say a prayer today
    though i don't believe in such things
    not yet at least" i can relate so hard to this. i'm not sure how i can explain it, but it just really fits with me.
    "though i once thought i'd cry
    now i can't even shed a tear" the same with this line. the emotions that i feel when i read this is too much. within the whole piece overall, i can feel the emotions you were weaving into the story you were writing. overall i am in love with this, you did a wonderful job!

ok i'm officially obsessed. while they're both amazing beyond comprehension, the first one. the first one just. literally made my jaw drop, i'm not even kidding, i'm sitting here stunned.
    "it is imperative that we don't forget this / the black collared shirt under my hoodie / the silence of a grieving city far away" this beginning?! oh. my. gosh. this is too amazing. wow. i don't even know what i love about it but it just resonates? in my heart? idk.
    "the grey sky is playing cruel tricks on me / and pretending to clear into blue / how tender, how sweet, how warm / how soft the hands that have been let go" the imagery, the word choice, the emotions... wow. i can't.
    "it's true when they say only photographs are left / of days we can't go back to" this line is so powerful omg!!! ik i'm quoting wayyy too much of this but i can't help it. like i said, i'm obsessed.
    "there is nothing but an empty cup and / a memory i can't recall enough to mourn" JASIFHEORIUEWOIRYQWEOI
    "a pot of white flowers on our door / the tear stained handprints on the floor / bow three times / say your apologies, pleas" the imagery and the emotion just melt together into one big puddle of ahhh-it's-so-good
    "it's not my right to mourn / i can only clasp my hands emptily / and pray for the doves to fly high" oh. my. goodness. this ending is too amazing and i don't know what to say. wow. this is just too much, i-

wow.

i love your poetry so much, this took my breath away! <3

• madeline3.14159

this is gorgeous.
    "i find myself wishing for something tangible to overcome, something to defeat." this is so true and relatable. a gorgeous representation of sorrow and its relatives. <3<3