mindfruit (hiatus)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Sorry guys, I just need to take a little break to catch my breath. See you all soon! :)

the pomegranate

picked from the tree of misery, of screams
the bitter fruit, the six seeds of sorrow
not all that is sweet is what it seems
a curse befallen to the pure maiden, gone are her tomorrows

damned to the realm of shadow and bone
it was soft as silk, but as hard as stone

About/References the Persephone-Hades Greek Myth. Y'know, the one about the pomegranate? 
Credit to the spectacular writer and my good friend Rohan’s Defender for the prompt :D
Yes, the rhyming is a bit rough, but I still hope you enjoyed!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re:
    Hi! Thank you so much about the poem! :)
    And I love long comments! (Although, I’m pretty sure I’ve written some books on your page! XD)
    Zion says, “Well, whatever’s in that jar, I ask you to put that thing back where it came from, or so help me! Oh, heh heh *laughs nervously* I’m practicing for a musical... *sings last line* It’s.. it’s a work in progress.”
    Aw, thank you! :) If I do get the CA position, I hope I can make an impact during the term. And if I don’t, then I’ll keep on like I have been (which is still trying to make an impact here). Either way, I’m thankful to have the experience and support of this community for almost 6 months now (at the end of January!)
    And yes, it was a really pretty song!
    I agree about Fitz and Sophie! She is kinda awkward, but she’s that way around Dex and Keefe sometimes too. And don’t worry; I finished Neverseen yesterday! Yes, that is so cool between them!
    And of course! :) And Aw, thank you!! Yes, I don’t feel like completely Sophie fits my personality. I don’t feel like Biana either (I relate to Sophie much more than her). And I agree about most of the girls personalities, too. And thank you so much! That means a lot to me! I can relate to Dex in multiple ways. And I love ranting about books! XD
    And that sounds like an awesome series! Maybe I’ll read that after I finish kotlc! I like long books! ;)
    And cool about your break! Thank you for letting me know! I was asking because of the summer writing camp (which we are still trying to decide on a date for. I will update you ASAP!)
    Don’t worry about having to respond to everything super quickly! I understand! It means a lot to me that you take the time you do to answer all my comments!! (I wish I could like color code them or something to make it easier! XD) I’m going to try to keep everything in this one for now so that I don’t make it too much harder for you, (every time you try to respond I come back with another book!! XD XD) So anywhoo, happy Friday! And IT JUST STARTED SNOWING!! Only a tiny bit, but still!! Okay, sorry, back on subject! Talk to you soon! Bye!

• ???

beautiful!!! loved it!

• Zirong

Ooh I love Greek mythology, and this piece is truly artful and exquisite :)

• Nikki

oooo! beautiful piece! love the referance! i didn't realize it till i read ur footnotes :)
    also....hello! how are you?

• acrosstheuniverse28

Oh dang, I knew it seemed familiar but I didn't catch the reference to the Persephone myth until I read the footnotes! I'm losing my touch, I need to reread Percy Jackson or something XD
    Amazing writing though, as always!!!

ooh this is so beautiful.ah it's so perfect i don't know what to say.the word choice is *chefs kiss*. love love love

also anything greek mythology is practically my soulmate

• Jason_claire :)

Wow, that was a really cool and interesting way to put it. I like it though, it really brings out the regret of Persephone eating the pomegranate (yet they are still very delicious)
    replying- Thank you for the suggestions :) you make The Stormlight Archives seem amazing, I might just pay a visit to Amazon today . . .

• ChimChim_1

Re: thank you. :3:3<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Oh my gosh, mindfruit I love this!! It’s so gorgeously worded and creative.
    Lol, I saw the footnotes and was like “what? I gave you that prompt?!” I didn’t even realize they had picked mine until I read this, XD. Anyway, the tone and descriptions of this piece, it all fits together into a beautifully written and haunting piece. Wow! And thank you so much for the shoutout! :)

• crystalline•galaxies

i saw the word "pomegranate" and got excited because i thought it just might be about hades and persephone... i wasn't disappointed! your rhymes and diction are gorgeous in this piece. you manage to capture the feeling of the myth quite well.

• sci-Fi

as a greek myth geek, i approve this message. *stamp of approval*
    seriously tho it's beautiful

gorgeous. beautiful. strikingly incredible. *applause*

• Yellow Sweater

This is gorgeous. Those last two lines are just breathtaking!