Tushar Mandhan

'illegitimi non carborundum'

I'm letting life hit me until it gets tired, the I'm gonna hit back. It's a classic rope-a-dope.
-La La Land

long story short

10

i'm falling down like tears of wine,
grave's under siege like a scene of crime.
alibi, looking for my alibi.
did charon drown in a new moon tide,
what does his will say about his bribe?
calamity, abide by calamity.
crown rusted while king was in exile,
bandits broke into castle in the night.
agony, burnt all the alchemists.
is it an anthology or the story abide?
do we follow the broken road or look for a guide?
do we wait for cure or do we contrive?
i'm going ahead like a vine,
when the battle's over, what the use of a knight?
....too many rhymes!!! XD It sounded so much better in my head with the music.

• January 8, 2021 - 12:18am (Now Viewing)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

How are you doing tush? hope the wedding went well

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

How are you Tush?

Hi! I hope you had a wonderful Saturday! I wrote more to my story and it would be amazing if you took a look! Sending lots of love<3

(replying on here so i don't clog up your epiphany of fireflies piece)
    re to #holidayvibes & gratitude comment: thank you for your kind words on my piece! on taylor's re-recordings and general genius... happiness is def in my favorite half of evermore. i have to pick at least half of the album as my favorites, ok? XD as for re-recordings, i def think she'll be altering lyrics to represent who she is now, since i know she's been criticized for "better than revenge" and that's obv not who she is anymore. although i do love the southern accent on some songs, she's grown so much! a british accent... yes please. you're right, people def get influenced in love.
    also, " accents r just fonts for verbal language." what a gorgeous way of saying it! and yes, we NEED all too well in its entirety. yes, we NEED to cry for 10 minutes straight.
    ok, i think that's all the replies! whew, hopefully we can whittle down these convos, because I had to have all the tabs open to keep track.

The rhymes work so freaking well it’s unfair. Prob because your diction is flawless and elegant yet relatable. I tried setting this to the time of long story short in my head... it almost worked. This would def be an excellent song.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Dude I love this. Tush you wrote more and I am so excited ahhhhhhhhhh. This is amazing and you are so talented ah. The rhyme is not too much. I have actually written a few more poems myself :)

• thea_ivy

The ending is amazing! The rhymes are beautiful actually, amazing work<3

Tushar, I just adore your work. It always has so much thoughtfulness and life!
    "did charon drown in a new moon tide,"
    That's my favorite line I think; I love the symbolism.

• Caleb Urlacher

I like the rhymes! This is amazing work, I'll have to read more of your's later!

Omg I actully like it with so many rhymes! And these questions are just wow! "do we follow the broken road or look for a guide?"