rwong

~average teen writer/poet~
lover of historical fiction books (especially WWII)
dog lover
pianist
musical lover

joined september 19, 2020

say hi to my amazing wtw friends: mirkat, Paisley Blue, lochnessie, and SunV
and my irl friend: JMkittycat

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." - robert frost
"all you have to do is write one true sentence. write the truest sentence that you know." - ernest hemingway

colors which paint my world | #januarygifting

13
if you were a color, you'd be:

i. emerald green
        inviting and calming
        an enchanted meadow that coaxes even the most shy
        to stop, sit down, inhale deeply, and pause from the whirlwind that is life
        your constant friendliness is a reminder that there is joy to be discovered in everything.

ii. soft lilac
        warm and welcoming
        your sweet fragrance travels to all who pass by
        and even the stone-faced will find the hint of a smile creeping upon their faces
        every time you speak, your infectious kindness brings delight to everyone who finds it.

iii. cobalt blue
        strong yet gentle
        a vortex where those who enter never want to leave
        mystified by the way you grip the brush, and transform a blank canvas into a masterpiece
        you create magic with words and those who see are left in awe and wonder at your work.
i. lochnessie: thank you so much for being such a amazing wtw friend. i've loved every last conversation with you, every word exchanged. you're hilarious and beautiful and kind and no words can ever describe who you are. oh and thank you for sharing a hatred of eggnog and explaining aussie christmas traditions (in the summer :O)!! love you, ness!! <3 <3
ii. mirkat: you are so incredibly sweet and kind, and i doubt you even realize it. every time i find you in my notification the biggest smile appears on my face. it's been an honor to call you my friend, and it's even more special that we're both in nor cal because it makes it feel like we're closer together, like you're somehow reachable. you're awesome, mir <3 <3
iii. crystalline•galaxies: you're such an amazing writer and i look up to you in so many ways. your way with words is just...magical and leaves me speechless every time. whenever you appear commenting or liking my pieces, i'm always in shock, because you're like a role model to me. so thank you. 

finally, i just wanted to say that this isn't everyone i want to thank, but there's no way i can put how much y'all mean to me into words. shoutout to Wisp for creating this prompt -- please please please go check her out and her original piece!!

• Wisp

I absolutely ADORE the vibes from this piece. Oh my gosh, the connections of them to colors, it's just so darling and sincere and genuine and just a tender visual. Your formatting creates such a beautiful aesthetic with the piece as well and it makes everything just that much more tender. And your footnotes! Oh gosh, they're just the sweetest things I've ever seen and I can't tell you how much reading this made me smile. Your emotions are so vividly transparent through this piece and that is such a marvel to behold. I love how you've created this and how it all works together so well. Lovely lovely lovely!

• lochnessie

SHELL THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THING

• lochnessie

AHHHHHH

oooh this is so pretty.ah so sweet! i love appreciation pieces!

re: thank you so much, shell!
    <3<3<3

Ahh this is soo amazing!!!

Oh this is so sweet and lovely! I adore the way you described these wonderful people.

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh... i could not agree with you more! ness is defiantly emerald green-- bright and sparkly but also caring and empathetic and tuff is blue-- sometimes a dreamy sky blue but also cobalt like you said with bright clarity and grace. and i'm purple?! oh my, the way you described me! soft lilac! and like paisley said in the comments sometimes deep purple when i'm serious... okay i officially change my fav color from a blue/green/navy/gray combination to a gray lavender lilac combination thing.... thank you, rwong (wait i saw that athena called you shell, can i call you that?) for everything your kindness and humor and and and i don't even know you are just so wonderful, shell. have a brilliant day!
    <3<3<3

this is absolutely beautiful. the way you thanked them is just stunning.
    wait, i'm in your wtw friends?! ah! (this is erin, formerly ambedo & sugar cookies, now taking her username from one of her favorite songs from reputation.)

wow, i love this so much :) i totally agree with all of these colors - except i feel like mirkat is a range of purples, from dark dark dark plum to really soft lilac. idk maybe that's just me lol :)
    hope you're doing well!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: ok, shelli! i totally get the nickname shortening thing -- i get called "tuff" all the time hehe.

• crystalline•galaxies

rwong, i can't express how much this means to me. the fact that people look up to me and my writing is still such a strange thought, and the way you've captured it within cobalt blue and words... it's stunning. thank you for this little treat i got to read before going to bed!
    p.s. the rest of the ones you wrote are also absolutely fantastic, and they really capture those people well. you're an amazing writer, rwong (what do you want me to call you?)