crystalline•galaxies

Switzerland

tuffy
she/they
infp-a | 4w5

i feel like there's a hidden message in this that i don't know.

i seriously just threw words together and thought it looked cool. i suppose this is what writer's block does to you.

eleutheromania -- from ancient greek ἐλευθερία (eleuthería, “freedom”) +‎ -mania.

18
 i. nails are broken from clawing at stone.
  ii. heart is broken from beating fists against wall.
   iii. ceiling sinks lower but doesn't touch head.
    iv. lips long to touch dirt and weeds.
     v. devil is breaking loose tomorrow evening. 
      vi. rub wrists raw with worry and friction.
       vii. rhythm rhythm rhythm beat.
        viii. pen draws on paper and time draws in veins.
         ix. gods in the sky don't care about scratches on wood.
          x. sun rises and sets and rises and sets and sets and rises.
           xi. singed hair tickles noses.
            xii. waiting game.
             xiii. drink holy water to save souls.
              xiv. don't cut tongue on paper instead poke holes in linen.
               xv. choke on diamonds. 
                xvi. paint in books of lies and look back to turn into a pillar of salt.
                 xvii. can't escape vines of wine.
                  xviii. tomorrow evening.
                   xix. words on page page on words.
                    xx. θνῄσκω thnēskō.

ελευθερία.

• January 11, 2021 - 11:10am (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

Replying: Ahh, dearie dearie dearie, your support, your encouragement, just all of it, ahh I love you to bits!! You're just so sincere and just thank you so much. It really does mean a lot and your offer is just the kindest. And I'll offer the same to you Athena, if finals get too much or you just want to talk (about absolutely anything, from sentimentality to deep topics to snow) just let me know and I'll be there in a heartbeat.
    :,)

• Wisp

Replying: Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that. I finished my finals, but they were absolutely dreadful and full of stress. I hope they will at least be kind to you at some level and that you don't suffer from burnout. I believe in you Athena, you got this! I'll be cheering from this side of the screen dear, so chin up! (You're so sneaky slipping in that compliment haha, but yes your comments make me always feel happy as well dearie!!) Ah, not so good. My grandpa's not doing well and he got admitted to the hospital again, even though he just got released a couple days ago, so it's just not a blast over here. It's put a damper on my mood these last couple of days, but I've cheered up a bit! The trouble simply is that I feel too deeply, and when it gets too much I shut down and it's so hard to get back up. So how am I coping with it? Terribly, but it's working I guess. So sorry for dumping this upon you when you have all your own troubles, but it did help to talk about it at least. So thanks for that dear. And don't worry it's okay!!

• Wisp

Replying: Ahh, I feel so sentimental and I don't know why haha. But thank you Athena, your kind wishes and words mean a lot. Ack, enough with the sentimentality, tell me, how have you been doing lately? I feel like I haven't seen you around much (though that's probably because I haven't been around much myself haha), is school going alright? Are you doing alright?

• Wisp

Replying: Dear, this piece is absolutely gorgeous and every bit of it is a delight to read. And I wholeheartedly agree that it is a message from an ancient world. Also I have to say Athena, seeing your comment today just made me so indescribably happy. It’s been rough where I’m at, but just interacting with you and reading your words automatically boosts me up. Thank you dear, you mean the world to me.

• Wisp

I see you with that ancient Greek ;)
    Also this is brilliant, my breath has been stolen. I love the dark vibes I'm getting from this, it just feels indescribable and you know that feeling of dipping fingers into cold water on rainy/cold days, that's kinda what it feels like: Refreshing and eye-opening and track-stopping and a burst of reality seeping into your bones. That's how it feels and gosh is it the best feeling in the world. The formatting ties it together so well and I love every bit of it. The transcending of Roman numerals carries it together in a way where you can't help but keep being drawn into the piece, keep on being invited deeper and deeper, clawing for more and more. It's that kind of piece that just has you craving for more and that is a lovely little thing.
    "v. devil is breaking loose tomorrow evening."
    Loving this incredibly. Every bit of it is brilliant and I am in astonishment of it all. And yes! I definitely get the vibe that there is a hidden message in this that I'm not quite getting too!

• JonesyL123

"pen draws on paper and times draws in veins." That is such a great line, and very very intriguing poem!

• Cornflower Burst

So good!!!!!!!!!!

• Yellow Sweater

Wow, I am sweating. This is incredible. There was something very powerful about the line "vii. rhythm rhythm rhythm beat." It snatched my breath and made me think!

like the others have said, this is fantastic and haunting and brilliant and beautiful... it's like going through the motions without thinking and then death (yes i looked up the greek) which is really freedom and that sent chills through my bones... actually, this piece is writer's block within itself. the imagery is phenomenal and i need time to digest this.... i honestly have no thoughts this is stunning...
    <3<3<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Oh my gosh..... don’t unpublish this!! It’s so creative and hauntingly well written! Wow!! I have written one or two nonsense poems myself, and I find they are rather helpful with writer’s block. This is really good!!
    Re: awww! Thank you!

wow, love this. so brilliant and haunting. i agree with barelybear - the "descent into madness" feeling is perfect. and my favorite lines have to be
    "rhythm rhythm rhythm beat" and "don't cut tongue on paper instead poke holes in linen", I just love the images and rhythms of them. wow.
    the greek - it's melodic and haunting and i'm a little awed by it... what made you choose greek?
    love this :) <3

• barelybear

I agree this piece is amazing!!
    There’s definitely some kind of hidden message, and I’m getting descent into madness / rich guy trapped in rich world metaphorical cage lmao. But anyway... I love the “Rhythm rhythm rhythm beat... Time draws on veins,” woowow
    Have a great day! :)

• waxingcrescents

Um hello this is still better than I could ever write?? Like. "gods in the sky don't care about scratches on wood." You just write this and expect me not to internally gasp at this line's beauty? How dare you put down a piece so gorgeous, my dear. (I'm joking I love you and I love this piece too and it's just so incredible eeeeee)

• waxingcrescents

eh-loo!

• rwong

re: the most common nicknames are shelli or shell (if shelli's too long because apparently we need to make nicknames for nicknames as well XD)

• rwong

hey tuffy!! you're featured in my piece!! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/211340/version/437616